Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chef's tip du jour

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If you intend opening a tin of corned beef, pop it in the fridge
for an hour or two. It then slices a lot more easily.

:thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If you intend opening a tin of corned beef, pop it in the fridge
for an hour or two. It then slices a lot more easily.

:thumbsup:
Surely you can just use the metal key to open it rather than having to resort to a knife? ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is there a war on? Why would anyone in their right mind eat corned beef in 2012?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Corned beef (I remember reading) is made from the better cuts of beef apparently. I wouldn't eat in a sandwich but corned beef hash is lovely with loads of Worcester Sauce and a couple of raw eggs stirred in just before serving :thumbsup:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Irishman, Englishman and Scotsman were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building.

They were eating lunch and Irishman said, "Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch I'm going to jump off this building."

Englishman opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "Ham and English mustard again! If I get ham and mustard one more time I'm going to jump off, too."

Scotsman opened his lunch and said, "Haggis again. If I get a haggis sandwich one more time I'm jumping too."

Next day Irishman opens his lunch box, sees corned beef and cabbage and jumps to his death.

Englishman opens his lunch, sees ham and English mustard and jumps too.

Scotsman opens his lunch, sees the haggis and jumps to his death also.

At the funeral the Englishman’s wife is weeping. She says, "If I'd known how really tired he was of ham and mustard I never would have given it to him again!

The Scotsman’s wife also weeps and says, "I could have given him cheese! I didn't realise he hated haggis so much."

Everyone turned and stared at the Irishman’s wife. "Hey, don't look at me" she said. "He makes his own lunch"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Toasted Corned Beef and Branston Pickle sandwiches are the way to go. :drool:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
irishman, englishman and scotsman were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building.

They were eating lunch and irishman said, "corned beef and cabbage! If i get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch i'm going to jump off this building."

englishman opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "ham and english mustard again! If i get ham and mustard one more time i'm going to jump off, too."

scotsman opened his lunch and said, "haggis again. If i get a haggis sandwich one more time i'm jumping too."

next day irishman opens his lunch box, sees corned beef and cabbage and jumps to his death.

Englishman opens his lunch, sees ham and english mustard and jumps too.

Scotsman opens his lunch, sees the haggis and jumps to his death also.

At the funeral the englishman’s wife is weeping. She says, "if i'd known how really tired he was of ham and mustard i never would have given it to him again!

The scotsman’s wife also weeps and says, "i could have given him cheese! I didn't realise he hated haggis so much."

everyone turned and stared at the irishman’s wife. "hey, don't look at me" she said. "he makes his own lunch"

wahey

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Cheers Heston :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Corned beef (I remember reading) is made from the better cuts of beef apparently. I wouldn't eat in a sandwich but corned beef hash is lovely with loads of Worcester Sauce and a couple of raw eggs stirred in just before serving :thumbsup:

you sir are correct! f***ing get on the corned beef harsh BIG TIME.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here