Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlton trains

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Before I booked my Charlton ticket I had a quick look at trains and there were lots of options. I've just gone in to book something and it is showing that the only trains running anywhere between Brighton and London are the Gatwick Express, stopping only at Haywards Heath and Gatwick.

Anyone know if there is any strike action or engineering works which could have caused this ? Or, have I simply somehow messed up my searches....?

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
no i found same, looked last week and loads of options, but nothing now….

strike action is 13th-18th says online

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm hoping the final Christmas family obligation shakedown leaves me able to go.
If so it's looking like driving is sadly there best option. If so I'll post again as could squeeze in 7 passengers (or 5 more comfortably).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh FFS! Going to be more than a little pissed off if train is not an option.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Charlton trains where ? Do they have a training ground ?

It's just south of Sidcup (not sure of the name for the actual area) and I've been there. Very basic compared to Lancing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Should be fine. I looked last week and there were loads of trains between Brighton and London Bridge. I suspect as someone else posted this is the new timetable getting loaded. Less of a rush as it'll be in place a day or so before the strikes.

What you want to be careful of is if it goes to ET and penalties. Then you're probably looking at hitting the overnight engineering work and getting home at around 2am or so. Bus from either Haywards Heath or Three Bridges, can't remember which, after around midnight.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Should be fine. I looked last week and there were loads of trains between Brighton and London Bridge. I suspect as someone else posted this is the new timetable getting loaded. Less of a rush as it'll be in place a day or so before the strikes.

What you want to be careful of is if it goes to ET and penalties. Then you're probably looking at hitting the overnight engineering work and getting home at around 2am or so. Bus from either Haywards Heath or Three Bridges, can't remember which, after around midnight.
I might be wrong but wouldn't it go straight to pens with no ET?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Confirmed on the Southern website, the planners are currently broken as predicted by others

Incorrect journey planners

We currently have a fault with the journey planners and live departure boards not showing some trains and are working with our industry partners to resolve. Please check back later for any updates.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
i got a text today saying my trains were cancelled (thameslink) but doesnt look like strike action hopefully you guys are right it is just a timetable change. Gatwick Express and southern are showing as an option but would prefer to go via london bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here