Charlton fan attacked.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We released the statement as the group posed as Albion fans. They were not. We also find this quite an appalling and cowardly act, and would like to assist the police in catching the perpetrators.

That's fair enough then, that wasn't made clear in the press reports

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How do the club know they weren't Albion fans?

The Twitter account from Charlton Rainbows said BHA fans were not involved, this was this morning.
The club could also have asked Sussex police who were also mentioned by Charlton Rainbows to be helping find the attackers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Its football FFS nothing to do with where you put your reproductive members.

You're right. And LGBT community should be able to attend matches without fear. That's all.

It's football FFS so why can't different groups attend without fear? It's not exactly a threat to anyone is it?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The thugs said they were Brighton fans....so why are the police ect so sure they weren't Brighton fans? Is there a description of the thugs in any reports? All seems a bit odd

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
so why can't different groups attend without fear? It's not exactly a threat to anyone is it?[/QUOTE]

no threat but why not use another forum to air grievances. it is football FFS so leave the political and socio b*****ks at home.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Seen suggestions on Twitter that the whole thing was a hoax, proudcafc being a troll account.

I've heard this too. Apparently the 'proudcafc' or Charlton Rainbows don't actually exist and the account is just a parody but the papers have picked up the story and now everyone is assuming it's true.

Not sure whether to believe this now we've made a statement though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Twitter account appears no longer to be active. It looks like it was only running since December, with some questionable and stereo-typical entries. Some Charlton Athletic fans seem to be doubting that the group actually exists.

IF this is the case, and it does seem strange bearing in mind all the goodwill messages it had, someone may have been concerned that it had all got out of hand.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So, according to reports a group of fans have been attacked because of their sexual orientation.

Right from the off, 75% of this thread is of the 'why do they need to have this kind of group?' nature.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I've heard this too. Apparently the 'proudcafc' or Charlton Rainbows don't actually exist and the account is just a parody but the papers have picked up the story and now everyone is assuming it's true.

If it was a parody it was both unfunny and long running. Before the acount went private I thought I read tweets between similar groups they had met from all over the world going back sometime, they also thanked the police (who must have a record of responding to an incident) and fellow supporters for intervening. So a parody that worked 'in the real world' too? Na...

I could be being duped tho!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Is this whole thing a hoax, or did it actually happen?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty appalling journalism from the Mirror there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is mildly ironic given our reputation that we don't have one - I see it as positive in the sense that our fans don't think something like that is needed.
I hope that is the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports