Charlton Away - Tickets On Sale Friday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
We can't give away fans anything but the South Stand as there are season ticket holders in all other blocks (albeit sparsely spread). In FA Cup games the away team can get another 1,000 or so (South end of East Stand) if they pay for them up front. This has only happened once or twice in recent years that I can recall though. I agree it would make sense to have more away fans instead of empty home end seats, but when has the business of football ever made sense? Away end is around 13% of overall capacity (3,400/27,111) for what it's worth.

Feb 14, 2010
We can't give away fans anything but the South Stand as there are season ticket holders in all other blocks (albeit sparsely spread). In FA Cup games the away team can get another 1,000 or so (South end of East Stand) if they pay for them up front. This has only happened once or twice in recent years that I can recall though. I agree it would make sense to have more away fans instead of empty home end seats, but when has the business of football ever made sense? Away end is around 13% of overall capacity (3,400/27,111) for what it's worth.

I remember terraces and it was common place every season for home fans to be moved to allow for a larger away allocation when home fans would not sell out. It happened all over the country. Sometimes we all can learn something from the past and football is no different. There will be 10,000 seats going spare at the Valley, with lots of Albion who cant get in if its anything like last time. Looks like I wont be going unless I find a Charlton fan to go with.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if fixtures but if you go on the CAFC ticket page and click on Brighton then it shows our address as Tongdean Lane!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports