Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton Athletic and Lee Bowyer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Does seem strange when so close to playoffs and speaks highly of new owners

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Big shame just as they were getting over Duchatelet , best of luck to both Charlton and Lee Bowyer .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If so are Birmingham City a genuine better bet ? Unless of course money.

Probably not, they are nose diving towards League One. Lee Bowyer has been good for the Addicks, both as player and manager, especially sad that he is leaving now that their ownership woes seem to finally be behind them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Probably not, they are nose diving towards League One. Lee Bowyer has been good for the Addicks, both as player and manager, especially sad that he is leaving now that their ownership woes seem to finally be behind them.

It's a calculated gamble to be sure, but I think he has a better chance of being in the Championship next season as a manager with Birmingham than with Charlton. Birmingham are 3 points above the drop and he does seem the type of character that could get a team motivated, especially given what he achieved with the nonsense at Charlton in the background.

That said, I've noticed that Gary Gardner is still there... If he's on their dead balls then they've as good as relegated.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Reports he's already taking training at Birmingham after leaving Charlton yesterday morning.

Most Charlton fans seem happy with the current ownership and are very thankful for Bowyer sticking with them through the hard times (when he could've gone elsewhere).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reports he's already taking training at Birmingham after leaving Charlton yesterday morning.

Most Charlton fans seem happy with the current ownership and are very thankful for Bowyer sticking with them through the hard times (when he could've gone elsewhere).

Yes he has been a great servant to Charlton, l just hope that the Birmingham City board are as paient with him as his counterparts at Charlton were if he doesn't get immediate success, somehow l have my doubts that they will be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad he turned everything round after that nightmare time up at Leeds all those years ago. Since then, always comes across well. And was a superb player for a while - gritty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The owners of BCFC (Trillion Trophy Asia) are a joke. Completely clueless, as illustrated when they binned off Gary Rowett when he had them 1 place outside the playoffs on a shoestring budget, in favour of going autograph-hunting with "big name" Gianfranco Zola. He was (predictably) an absolute disaster. They won 2 games in 24 to end up in a relegation scrap, and Zola duly resigned after 4 months - whereupon they appointed 'Arry. Who kept them up, then spent a fortune in the summer, and was promptly sacked 8 games into the new season after they stunk the place out again.

Absolute CLOWNS in charge at that club. Best of luck to Bowyer, he'll need it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Really?! Christ.

My Charlton supporting mate was hoping the rumour of a return for Curbs was true. He specifically named Adkins as utterly uninspiring.

Is Curbishley still around?

I'm not in a relationship with Nigel Adkins(honest guv!), but he has previously done well at that level for teams beginning with the letter S.

He might have rubbed a few of us up the wrong way a decade ago...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Been sometime since Adkins did anything of note but it would've been a risk to bring back Curbs despite the fact that he should never have been out of the game so long. Fair or not its been a long time and would be a risk. Thought they might've gone for someone a bit younger and progressive...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here