Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Charles Walker MP- Pint Of Milk Protest

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
read the transcript... i sense he had a point, used the milk as a metaphor, went off on his ramble about the milk and forgot to make the point.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Part of me thinks he's gone too far with his analogy making it non-sensical. But then if he hadn't, I wouldn't have seen it, so I guess he's right to have done what he did.

He can't openly incite seditious behaviour (we leave that to US politicians) so he has to be a little bit cryptic in, what is in effect, calling for a degree of [very British] civil disobedience.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
read the transcript... i sense he had a point, used the milk as a metaphor, went off on his ramble about the milk and forgot to make the point.

That's my take.

I got that he was against the bill.

I kind of got the milk symbolism but couldn't see how it relates to bill given the form of protest he was alluding to.

Why not just wear a t-shirt with an anti bill slogan. You can't get arrested for that either.

I see the point he is trying to make, a bit. But he's gone too abstract or just lost it somewhere.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He is my local MP and has taken an increasingly anti-lockdown position in recent months and looking at his wider contributions seems to have spent the first part of the lockdown reading Ayn Rand. I wrote to him a couple of months ago challenging the assumptions behind his ant-lockdown position and he sent back a detailed and coherent reply so he is capable of this. I think the milk speech is a pretty abstract and convoluted way to make a simple enough point. However he does have some form with metaphors in speeches; he used fishing in this way when presenting prizes at my daughter's school some years back.

D

Deleted member 2719

The Sir title seems to do this to people, where shall we start.........Sir Cliff Richard, Sir Keir Starmer, Sir Lewis Hamilton, Sir Bob Geldolf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here