Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Carols from King’s

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Joyous celebration service under candlelight from the majestic chapel of King’s College, Cambridge on BBC2 this morning. A rousing rendition of “O Come Let Us Adore Him” almost brought the house down. As the world class choir segue beautifully into “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”, it is hard not to feel overcome with emotion on this very special day in the Christian calendar.

Marvellous.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Joyous celebration service under candlelight from the majestic chapel of King’s College, Cambridge on BBC2 this morning. A rousing rendition of “O Come Let Us Adore Him” almost brought the house down. As the world class choir segue beautifully into “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”, it is hard not to feel overcome with emotion on this very special day in the Christian calendar.

Marvellous.
Yes, agreed. I am not particularly religious, but at this time of year, I always make a point of watching this.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Marvellous.

Even I would stop and listen to that rendition.

Although my son would probably name his band "A Rousing Rendition of 'O Come Let Us Adore Him' Segueing into 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing'"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Never fails to stir the soul, whether you happen to be spiritual or not.

I was out in Cambridge yesterday afternoon, walking through the college Backs with my children whilst the service was in progress. Just occasionally, you could catch the faintest strains of the choir, floating on the breeze. It was like stepping back through the centuries.

Other worldly.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
A group of us travelled up to Canterbury Cathedral for the annual carol service (23rd & 24th) every year. The Cathedral was jam packed and people were queueing outside. It was wonderful, the choir, the ambiance and Justin Welby even gave us a smile as he passed by in the procession during the final hymn.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never fails to stir the soul, whether you happen to be spiritual or not.

I was out in Cambridge yesterday afternoon, walking through the college Backs with my children whilst the service was in progress. Just occasionally, you could catch the faintest strains of the choir, floating on the breeze. It was like stepping back through the centuries.

Other worldly.

It’s an incredible medieval building in a beautiful setting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here