Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car Service

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do very little mileage in my dinky toy Aygo (about 4,000 a year) but I like to get an annual service.

I have been going to a mechanic, lovely chap, but there never seems to be much wrong with cars whenever I take them in.

It may sound a little odd, but sometimes I wonder if bills were kept low because he wanted to keep appreciative custom. I say this because one of the cars was an absolute horror that went back and forth a few times. I mean, if there is something wrong, or likely to go wrong soon, I want to know about it.

Anyway, I have decided to, reluctantly, change mechanics. Can anyone recommend a good honest mechanic that they have used for sometime for a reliable service ?

Much appreciated in advance.

I live in the Queen's Park/Hanover area.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do very little mileage in my dinky toy Aygo (about 4,000 a year) but I like to get an annual service.

I have been going to a mechanic, lovely chap, but there never seems to be much wrong with cars whenever I take them in.

It may sound a little odd, but sometimes I wonder if bills were kept low because he wanted to keep appreciative custom. I say this because one of the cars was an absolute horror that went back and forth a few times. I mean, if there is something wrong, or likely to go wrong soon, I want to know about it.

Anyway, I have decided to, reluctantly, change mechanics. Can anyone recommend a good honest mechanic that they have used for sometime for a reliable service ?

Is he an older chap? I have a regular older mechanic cheap and good for basic stuff although now sadly modern technology isn’t his forte tbh.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Close to you - try Neil at Madeira Garage in May Road near the top of Elm Grove, Grants Garage in kemp town, Hanover garage in Lincoln Street, or a little bit further Baz at Providence in Roedale Road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here