Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Car Insurance NCD help please.

boik

Not specific to the OP's question but a word of warning to drivers who pick up motoring offences :

If you ever get caught speeding, jumping a red light etc and cop an unfortunate 3 points on your licence it is imperative that you inform your insurers as if you don't you will effectively invalidate your insurance policy.

A friend of mine was caught speeding on Brighton seafront in March of this year and copped a 3 point penalty. Fine paid and 3 points added to his licence. Last month he was in an accident and his insurers failed to pay out for his repairs as they checked and said he had not advised them of his speeding fine 4 months ago. We all know this is often hidden in the small print, but how many people ever inform their insurance co if they get 3 points?

This is the 4th person I've heard this happen to. I checked my policy wording today and YES, hidden away in the small print it clearly states that any motoring offence must be advised to my insurance co otherwise my policy is invalid.

The moral of story is to check the small print! Be warned.

Motoring offences AND modifications to the car. Years back a friend of mine had his car stolen and trashed and the insurance wouldn't pay out because he hadn't informed them that he had changed the wheels to sportier ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here