Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Can you read music ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I need to know the notes that are played on the bit of music below (they are big ben clock chimes and I'm want to incorporate them into a clock [program I'm writing).

I *think* they are G# F# E & B but I dunno how to get the order :

westminster-quarters-1503309310.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yup, the treble clef is as shown in the 2nd post above. Middle C on a piano is the first C. There are no sharps in the music you have, if there were there would be a # next to the note. So your 1st Quarter is EDCG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I need to know the notes that are played on the bit of music below (they are big ben clock chimes and I'm want to incorporate them into a clock [program I'm writing).

View attachment 148734
Well, the key signature is 'C' - so none of the notes written are sharps (#) or flats - so just match them up to the top line of notes shown on post#2 and the job's a good 'un.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I played piano and flute when at school (the flute was a BIG mistake). I could read music easily then. Not anymore.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The second q and the first bar of the the 4 are the classic bing bong, bing Bo. Bit

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

View attachment 148734

Yup. Just read that and it says:

“BONG BONG BONG BOOONG - BONG BONG BONG BONG - BONG BONG BONG BONG - BONG BONG BONG BOOONG.”

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ignore what I said before, I was bouncing about in a noisy bus after a show.

The 4th q is all you need.

I think the second note is an octave above the dotted minim but I' m drink and lost my glasses.

Looks like it sound right to me.

Edit ... Found glasses ... I was completely wrong.

There are 4 notes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here