Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we play you every week? Our record against the 'Big Six' this season is incredible.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This was from 10 May. We have now Played 11 and won 19 points:

Arsenal LW
Chelsea WW
Liverpool DW
Man City L?
Man Utd WW
Spurs LL

An average of 1.727 points per game. Over a full season that would be 65 points and European qualification. This also doesn't account for the fact that, with proper refereeing, the Tottenham record would have been LW and total points 22. i.e. 2 points a game against the big six.

For context - In 2015/16 when they won the league, Leicester took 17 points from these 12 games. We have a better goal difference than they managed and have also knocked Arsenal and Liverpool out of the cup competitions and drew with United over 120 minutes at Wembley. If City have already won the league and are thinking about the ECL, we may not even have finished yet.

All week and before yesterday, I really thought that asking for one more miracle from this injury depleted and exhausted squad was too much. I'm sorry to have doubted them. I'm just used to supporting Brighton, not whoever this is. It's like I'm cheating at Football Manager.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
More surprising is Saints points tally, considering they have a total of 24 from all games.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Our record is astonishing against the top 6 sides.

And there are plenty of threads where people are writing off our chances in the matches against (previously), Arsenal, Toon and City.

If anything i'm more confident for Newcastle than I am against Southampton!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This was from 10 May. We have now Played 11 and won 19 points:

Arsenal LW
Chelsea WW
Liverpool DW
Man City L?
Man Utd WW
Spurs LL

An average of 1.727 points per game. Over a full season that would be 65 points and European qualification. This also doesn't account for the fact that, with proper refereeing, the Tottenham record would have been LW and total points 22. i.e. 2 points a game against the big six.

For context - In 2015/16 when they won the league, Leicester took 17 points from these 12 games. We have a better goal difference than they managed and have also knocked Arsenal and Liverpool out of the cup competitions and drew with United over 120 minutes at Wembley. If City have already won the league and are thinking about the ECL, we may not even have finished yet.

All week and before yesterday, I really thought that asking for one more miracle from this injury depleted and exhausted squad was too much. I'm sorry to have doubted them. I'm just used to supporting Brighton, not whoever this is. It's like I'm cheating at Football Manager.

I know I've said this before, but we are now competing right in amongst the big six. But not only are we competing with them, we often dominate them.

I think this augurs well for next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It is amazing, yet equally frustrating that 6 of our 10 defeats have come from teams in the four places below; 1 point from 7 games and we don't get a lot from Villa Park historically.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More surprising is Saints points tally, considering they have a total of 24 from all games.
I believe, like us, they kept catching Chelsea at the perfect moment. 😂

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No good will come of such misguided attempts to upset the divinely-ordained order of things.
Plague. Famine. Floods.
We're toying with forces here beyond our comprehension.

Our record is astonishing against the top 6 sides.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lies, damn lies and statistics. Results against the other members of the top 10 under RDZ : P12 W3 D2 L7
But we can blame that on Chelsea for being shite and 11th. If they were 10th above Fulham the record would be a healthier P12 W5 D2 L5. This is all Graham Potters fault (and Fat Frank).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
'Big Six'? There's only really a 'Big One' this season. On season-long form we'd almost certainly be 'Big Three'. Rest are nowhere :wave:
As their twitter page points out - Big six, not top six. The six who's owners would have abandoned the rest of us and set up a league with no promotion or relegation - The scumbags.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here