Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cameron Norrie

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Tbf. He was winning tournaments this year way before any one of us had heard of Radicanu.

I think people thought he was another Dan Evans that just flirts around the top 50, but he has improved to be a serious top 20 player

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why is it not strange? If kids moving here from an early age can become top players and kids born abroad to British parents can become top players, why are there so few top tennis players born and trained in Britain? It used to be that our training was poor so players like Murray had to train abroad but given Radacanu came through the British system from an early age, that doesn't seem to be the issue any more. So do you not find it interesting that nearly all the new breakthrough players either have foreign parentage and qualify through residency from an early age or are born abroad to British parents?

I think it all comes down that initial access to facilities and the nurturing thereafter of someone who is keen to play. This applies to any sport.

When I was in South Africa my youngest son went to a bog standard middle class primary school (ages 7 to 13) which offered 3 sport sessions every week. One of the options was Tennis so straight away all the kids at that school could play tennis 3 times a week. Some who were keen no doubt joined the junior sections of the local tennis club and off they went. That initial opportunity does not happen here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here