Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Calling any plumbers

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
If the boiler does go wrong and let's say you have no hot water, or a leaking boiler, maybe this would be an emergency call out.
If the manufacturer can't come out for the above I don't actually know who is liable for costs, I suppose they can only answer the question.

I have been doing a few urgent jobs since lockdown, only small repairs, and the customers have either gone outside or to another room.
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] @Guinness_Boy
All manufacturers still have breakdown/warranty teams working. Most (Vaillant, Viessmann, Ideal that i know of) are saying dont worry about the annual service too much, we'll let it slide for say 3 months as it stands.

For example, i fitted an Ideal Vogue 3 years ago, and it was due it's 2nd annual service in late March, which i havent done. Cust called me last week about it not working on HW. I went round, immediately diagnosed fault with diverter, called Ideal and they came next day to sort..

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] @Guinness_Boy
All manufacturers still have breakdown/warranty teams working. Most (Vaillant, Viessmann, Ideal that i know of) are saying dont worry about the annual service too much, we'll let it slide for say 3 months as it stands.

For example, i fitted an Ideal Vogue 3 years ago, and it was due it's 2nd annual service in late March, which i havent done. Cust called me last week about it not working on HW. I went round, immediately diagnosed fault with diverter, called Ideal and they came next day to sort..

Brilliant, cheers, just what I was after :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here