Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo v Rice

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not going with the anti Rice thing, I’ve seen him play brilliantly enough times, he is an excellent player.

But he’s not in Caicedo’s league. Caicedo is elite - only Casemiro matches up to him in the PL and possibly Europe in that position.
This.

Football’s a lot to do with the team mates around you, Rice is surrounded by average at best players. He’ll be fine at his next club and with Bellingham for England.

Caicedo is exceptional, an astonishing ascent in 11 months. I noticed that West Ham tried to leave a bit on him today, their only possible way of stopping the player.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This.

Football’s a lot to do with the team mates around you, Rice is surrounded by average at best players. He’ll be fine at his next club and with Bellingham for England.

Caicedo is exceptional, an astonishing ascent in 11 months. I noticed that West Ham tried to leave a bit on him today, their only possible way of stopping the player.
I’d be more concerned if I were a West Ham fan that his attitude and body language today was appalling. He had a very poor game (they all did) but he wasn’t running through brick walls for the manager, his teammates or the fans. Captains are meant to set an example - today’s example summed up their entire afternoon.

Good footballer, but you couldn’t/wouldn’t build a team around him and win top trophies. He’d look mustard at Man City, but then so would Liam Bridcutt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d be more concerned if I were a West Ham fan that his attitude and body language today was appalling. He had a very poor game (they all did) but he wasn’t running through brick walls for the manager, his teammates or the fans. Captains are meant to set an example - today’s example summed up their entire afternoon.

Good footballer, but you couldn’t/wouldn’t build a team around him and win top trophies. He’d look mustard at Man City, but then so would Liam Bridcutt.
I think he’s been fine at West Ham, but no doubt half of them hate him tonight in scapegoating. Bet they loved him when they finished 6th, 7th and made European semis.

It’s not in his DNA to be a swearing, geeing up type of captain (Noble), instead he is their best player when not playing their eternal nightmare of us. Probably a ploy by the club, to gain their greatest asset’s loyalty for a couple more seasons. He didn’t ask to be captain. If wrong, it Moyes’s fault.

When he moves on we’ll find out if he’s any good. To me he looks the business for England in a midfield that could be quality for years to come.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a very, very good player. Didn’t have the best game today but have seen how good the lad is.

Caicedo was excellent today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just don't get the excitement about Rice. Seems a competent midfielder at prem level, nothing special. That said only seen him play against us for West Ham and our record vs them is rather impressive. Maybe he just has an off game every time we play them?
He’s a good mid-table EPL player but that’s it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s a very, very good player. Didn’t have the best game today but have seen how good the lad is.

Caicedo was excellent today.
Who was this against?

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Rice has to be the most overrated player in the league at present.

They reckon they’ll get £100m for him, what a joke 😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This.

Great post.

Rice is a very good player, but as a minimum I would suggest Caicedo is equal if not a lot better which obviously makes him worth more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here