Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bullying

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Kwarteng, the local MP …. what a shit response from him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64599097

I’ve seen this before from local MP’s, rushing to defend a school. They may perform well academically and talk the talk on bullying, but imho they’re only as good as the genuine on the ground crushing of bullying.

Kids are scarred for life by this stuff.

Interesting that some adults were allegedly involved too. I hope the police/CPS do their best.
These kinds of platitudes are fairly meaningless. The vast majority of staff at schools 'care deeply' about their students. Generally people don't do the job if they don't (lets face it they don't do it the money, the hours of unpaid work, the gratitude or the opportunity to become a media and government scapegoat). Lets take that as read, the investigation is looking to see if staff care about the kids. There are many other factors that lead to this kind of thing and that is what is being investigated.

What Kwarteng probably fails to realise (as most MP appear to) is that there is a whole lot more that goes into running a school than 'caring' for students and literacy and maths results. My preference for him as an mp is to stop posting meaningless twaddle on twitter and get fully behind the recommendations of the investigation, and the recommendations of various studies, bullying charities and other organisations who have the answers to stop this shit and shout and scream in parliament until the recommendations are followed.

As the local MP he has some power and influence on what happens here. . .and this is his chosen action (I hope to god that this is disingenuous and he is doing far more behind the scenes).

Stick your tweet up your arse.

Fuckwit!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hey @Popeye I hope your daughter is getting the right support and the bullying has stopped. (y) Kids can be the cruellest of all but they will find another target soon at that age (unfortunately for that person).

Haven't seen you on here for a while pal? I hope things are ok on the other side of the Atlantic? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here