Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broken legs/ankle

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
Anybody else suffered these injuries, I'm 6 months into my rehabilation from breaking my tibia and fibula and still suffering from occasional pain. Still unable to run or walk properly, cant move my ankle very much and suffer great pain on the outside edge of my foot. Just seems to be taking forever

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've broken legs and arms and been 100% recovered with 4-6 months, which is normal for bones. It's possible the break caused nerve damage - nerves can take 12 months to repair - which may be what's causing the referred pain to your foot and restricted ankle movement. Have you been back to the doc's much since? Could be worth asking for a referral to a neurologist, or maybe getting an MRI scan done.

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
I've broken legs and arms and been 100% recovered with 4-6 months, which is normal for bones. It's possible the break caused nerve damage - nerves can take 12 months to repair - which may be what's causing the referred pain to your foot and restricted ankle movement. Have you been back to the doc's much since? Could be worth asking for a referral to a neurologist, or maybe getting an MRI scan done.

Yeah I say that, and there like yeah it will be fine soon, just seems Im making limited progress. Yeah the bones are all sound now, its just the other stuff

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

Good advice, this. If it was just a bone break it shouldn't be hurting that much still. I snapped my ankle (football) and was walking again normally after 4 months after getting a metal plate put on my ankle.
Go back to the doctor or let your physio know.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I tore the ligaments in my ankle playing football 6 months ago & they reckoned I had a small fracture too - Im still getting stiffness & pain most of the time, even after having a few weeks of physio...She reckoned there was loads of scar tissue which was causing it. I guess it'll get there in the end but Im not playing football much these days. Sounds like you have the same sort of problem.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Anybody else suffered these injuries, I'm 6 months into my rehabilation from breaking my tibia and fibula and still suffering from occasional pain. Still unable to run or walk properly, cant move my ankle very much and suffer great pain on the outside edge of my foot. Just seems to be taking forever

I can't really offer any advice, but you have my sympathy- it must be very frustrating. I hope you can recover from it soon.

I've recently started seeing a physio, as I have a groin strain that keeps flaring up, and now also achilles tendonitis, both on my left side! Patience and careful stretching seems to be the only thing to do but it's really frustrating me, I can't imagine what it must be like for those recovering from more severe injuries.

Have you seen anyone recently about the pain you've still been suffering? Maybe a physio could help you.

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
I can't really offer any advice, but you have my sympathy- it must be very frustrating. I hope you can recover from it soon.

I've recently started seeing a physio, as I have a groin strain that keeps flaring up, and now also achilles tendonitis, both on my left side! Patience and careful stretching seems to be the only thing to do but it's really frustrating me, I can't imagine what it must be like for those recovering from more severe injuries.

Have you seen anyone recently about the pain you've still been suffering? Maybe a physio could help you.

Yeah I have been seeing the physio etc, saw the doctor a few months back. But has been hassle with regards to work etc as there pissed off at how much time I had off already. So it is hard fitting it around the working hours, plus i dont drive so hard to get about sometimes

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I tore the ligaments in my ankle playing football 6 months ago & they reckoned I had a small fracture too - Im still getting stiffness & pain most of the time, even after having a few weeks of physio...She reckoned there was loads of scar tissue which was causing it. I guess it'll get there in the end but Im not playing football much these days. Sounds like you have the same sort of problem.

I did my ankle ligaments 17 years ago palying footy in Preson Park. Had physio at the time. Still get grief from scar tissue.
Really need to do something about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here