Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Britons pathetically, soft relationship with the weather

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's when Britons complain about humidity* that makes me laugh.

*or Frenchmen, like that Neal Maupay.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It does my head in!

It’s summertime, our climate has always been mixed. The first spot of rain or a tiny light shower and everyone panics, runs for shelter, cancels plans...in short simply can’t cope. Women especially are mental; shoes, coats, umbrellas, strategic mapping of the what if scenarios. FFS Britain, it’s rain. You get wet. Ever ever so slightly usually. It’ll evaporate 9/10 before you put your hair net on. We can still enjoy the outdoors without the IMMENSE fuss most Britons kick up when a grey cloud skirts the horizon; a slight wind whips up; or the temperature falls below 20 degrees.

Am I the only person wearing shorts and t shirt and not giving a shit if I get slightly wet and it’s still 23 degrees. Given our country’s climate, I’ve always been amazed at the utter inability for people to enjoy outside without hysteria over it not being boiling hot and perfect blue skies. I’d be bbq ing in November if wasn’t for the pathetic inability of friends and family to be outside when it’s only 12 degrees (but dry)

Britain CAN’T take it! :rant:

Go to Cliveden and chill, we did yesterday, watching wallies on paddle boards floating down the Thames :lol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given our country’s climate, I’ve always been amazed at the utter inability for people to enjoy outside without hysteria over it not being boiling hot and perfect blue skies.

How on earth can anyone enjoy being outside when it's boiling hot. Far too hot to do anything.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Best thing, on the very rare occasion we get snow, people wearing big coats, scarfs gloves hats, etc - - - - and material trainers.

For me it’s the people who pay no interest in the weather that rile me.

These days with a smart phone it takes ten seconds to check whether it’s likely to be 15 degrees and sunny or 3 degrees and drizzling which could apply anytime between September to April and yet still you see idiots in the full regalia for winter no matter what’s actually happening outside.

Failing that stick your sodding head out the window so that you don’t rock up looking like you’re about to climb the north face of the Eiger and sit down on your train/tube/bus next to someone in a polo shirt and jeans wearing sunglasses.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'll distance myself from "women especially are mental" but other than that the OP is spot on.

House heated 10 months of the year at 25 degrees.
The weather outside gets to 27 degrees and all you hear is "oh it's too hot to do anything", seemingly including growing a pair.

None of my male mates spend an hour deliberating about what shoes, coat, hat or need for umbrella if there’s a cloud on horizon so if yours do, I apologise. Otherwise women are mental (when it comes to dressing for weather). The fact STANDS!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I have a cold shower first thing every morning.the cold water shock has several benefits but regarding the weather I find I am quite comfortable getting soaked to the skin in even the most coldest and wettest of days.people are too soft and pampered these days.

Tight arse. I'm sure someone will cough up a 50p piece for you if you ask nicely enough.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is the OP angry about EVERYTHING these days? :shrug:

...with respect, please don't post you nothing about :thumbsup:

Fair enough. Must just be how it seems to me.

It does my head in! It’s summertime, our climate has always been mixed. The first spot of rain or a tiny light shower and everyone panics...

anyone who hadn’t though this scenario was possible clearly has been on another planet. I’m quite pleasantly surprised by the news interviews this morning, people seem to be accepting of the situation and not blaming the government for a change. Most un British!

This government has royally ****ed things up. I gave Boris a pass at first, he appeared to be rising to the challenge. Not anymore. How hard can it be to get things right in terms of simple advice and guidance? It’s breathtaking ineptitude. As for each of the four kingdoms having a different take, that in itself is a joke too. Our borders are leakier than a colander what with private planes and illegals crossing the channel in ribs everyday. Containing this virus is in the hands of each person essentially. Which means it’s doomed to fail. Especially given the ‘rights’ of individuals has never been higher in history and it’s become a national obsession to question and challenge every kind of authority in the country a la ‘you can’t tell me what to do’. Even lollipop ladies get abuse these days!

Ooo, have we a new shirt reveal?! I bet it will be awful

He’s 32 with a record of injuries. I can’t get excited because he’s going to be out a lot, mark my words.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fair enough. Must just be how it seems to me.

Jesus, talk about stalking! Ok, just for you:

Lallana at 32 and with his history of injuries far behind him will now lead England to the next World Cup. Everyone knows 32 is your prime. And at 90k a week, his wages are a snip. He’s the best player ever to sign for us...even though he hasn’t...so lets stop the hunt for new players now. Our recruitment is done!

I’m so looking forward to our new kit, the 90s was the best ever time for kits. Our strawberry chewit wrapper and onesie stripes, convicts on a day trip to The seaside look, were the best kits ever. So glad the 90s look is back in fashion in time for it to be broadcast to billions around the world. See it on the Milan catwalk!

Britons are the hardest race ever. I loved our bbq pool party last December, especially the honour of breaking
the ice as everyone else jumped in. Imagine trying to arrange such a party in another country, where they constantly complain about the weather? So pleased no one ever makes a fuss in this country when there’s a spot of rain.

Does that make you happier BN? Sorry if you perceive every comment of mine as ‘angry’, enough to start tracking different threads and making notes! I shall be more cautious now I know I’ve a stalker and there’s a limit to the number of opinions allowed in 24hrs. You want to track back and see what I wrote in March April and May. I was on fire then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Go to Cliveden and chill, we did yesterday, watching wallies on paddle boards floating down the Thames :lol:

I would, if only the party of pensioners and women I’m with weren’t so terrified of the changeable weather and need to debate it at the speed of an Entmoot before going out (and then throughout) car journey, having decided to ‘risk it’! :lolol: It’s a slightly grey sky ahead with water droplets, not a pyroclastic ash cloud from Vesuvius! :shootself

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does that make you happier BN? Sorry if you perceive every comment of mine as ‘angry’, enough to start tracking different threads and making notes! I shall be more cautious now I know I’ve a stalker and there’s a limit to the number of opinions allowed in 24hrs. You want to track back and see what I wrote in March April and May. I was on fire then.

No stalking here and I haven't been tracking threads; I just clicked on your profile as it shows the poster's most recent posts on one page. Took about 30 seconds.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I find your posts funny (in a good way) which is why I remembered them. The 'angry' was only intended to be tongue in cheek and then for some reason [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] suddenly dived in and went way over the top of the ball by using the "with respect..." phrase.

Anyway, no offence intended. I'm going back to read what you wrote in March, April and May now :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No stalking here and I haven't been tracking threads; I just clicked on your profile as it shows the poster's most recent posts on one page. Took about 30 seconds.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I find your posts funny (in a good way) which is why I remembered them. The 'angry' was only intended to be tongue in cheek as for some reason [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] suddenly dived in, went way over the top of the ball and then went and used the "with respect..." phrase

Anyway, no offence intended. I'm going back to read what you wrote in March, April and May now :thumbsup:

I now feel...:dunce:

And hope you accept my :kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here