Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women vs Spurs in the WSL this Sunday @ Crawley

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Having been top of the table the last two games have been a bit of a reality check with losses to Aston Villa at home and (less surprisingly) Chelsea away and we have dropped to 7th. Our next game is at home (Crawley) against Tottenham Hotspur who are currently 2nd so will be another challenging fixture. Summer signing Carter seems to have settled well into the squad so I'm hopeful of getting a good result this weekend as long as we can stop playing it around at the back and getting ourselves into trouble...

Kicking off at 2pm tickets are available from the Albion as follows:
Seated areas:
Adult: £5, Seniors (65+) / Under 18: £2.50

Standing areas:
Adult: £4, Seniors (65+) / Under 18: £2

Family Ticket (2 Adults + 2 Under 18s): £10

There is free parking either at or near the ground, or Seagulls Travel are running free transport with various pickup points between Littlehampton and the Amex.

UTA!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
We've grown in the game as it's gone on. Could have had another couple of goals just before half-time. Let's hope we continue the second half as we finished the first.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good win but should have put it to bed much earlier.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Big result against a Spurs side that have won four out of four, backs to the wall at the end. The Stand or Fall banner in the south stand looks very much like the one at the Amex...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First game I have watched throughout and great we won. Good that womens game is getting better and hopefully available now to all. However apart from some nice play in mid pitch that is a different game. Defending and attacking so poor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First game I have watched throughout and great we won. Good that womens game is getting better and hopefully available now to all. However apart from some nice play in mid pitch that is a different game. Defending and attacking so poor.

I watched a Women’s Championship game today (Lewes)………contrastingly the ball was given away quite a bit in the middle and the defending was excellent - some last-ditch blocks Dunk/Duffy would have been proud of. Finishing was poor though.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another great game by the rock that is Victoria Williams, the girls version of Dunk

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I watched a Women’s Championship game today (Lewes)………contrastingly the ball was given away quite a bit in the middle and the defending was excellent - some last-ditch blocks Dunk/Duffy would have been proud of. Finishing was poor though.

Have you seen our WSL side play ? Would be interested how you think the standard compares as Lewes are just one division below .
Just typical that i chose to go to see the ladies play Villa where they lost without scoring and not today ! ( maybe i am a jonah ! )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you seen our WSL side play ? Would be interested how you think the standard compares as Lewes are just one division below .
Just typical that i chose to go to see the ladies play Villa where they lost without scoring and not today ! ( maybe i am a jonah ! )

Not watched a whole game yet…..will do so…..have seen lots of Lewes games though. The standard in the Championship is improving quite fast - loads more money going into it.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
This was my first WSL brighton game and a great way of introducing my child to football. Decent crowd for it and it was great being able to park so close for free - what a novelty. Downside was only one food kiosk open and that was closed after 30 minutes of me queuing by the fire brigade turning up and ruling it unsafe!! Victoria williams was a rock at the back but did look very suspect with the ball at her feet in the first half. We seem to have a good midfield - quite brave going into some of those 50/50 challenges.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Downside was only one food kiosk open and that was closed after 30 minutes of me queuing by the fire brigade turning up and ruling it unsafe!!

Ah that would explain why we had a short fire alarm in the stand with the temporary looking cover, and then saw a fireman walking up the steps of the main stand. It was slightly alarming as all we got was 2 alarm noises, then 'Attention' over the tannoy and then nothing else! Mind you it did shut up the Spurs support for a minute or two :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully top that league with West Ham and Millwall in our group and get through!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here