Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home league match Sunday 13th October at 2pm vs West Ham

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
5 or 6 thousand rattling around in a 30k stadium? Whats the point. They do all they can to promote the ladies team, equal billing in terms of coverage, discounted or free travel and virtual giveaway tickets and the interest is still minimal.

What’s the problem - it’s not our money nor our stadium. If TB wants to invest in the women’s team and let them play at the Amex then so be it as far as I’m concerned. Takes nothing away from the senior men’s team.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
What’s the problem - it’s not our money nor our stadium. If TB wants to invest in the women’s team and let them play at the Amex then so be it as far as I’m concerned. Takes nothing away from the senior men’s team.

All very fair points.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Not the best performance from the Albion today against an organised West Ham side - kept giving the ball away and resorting to lumping the ball forward aimlessly when attacking. Le Garrec showed some skillful touches, but my player of the match was our goalkeeper Megan Walsh who couldn't do much about the goals and made several good stops to keep the scoreline down. Disappointment at the performance and the result was made slightly better by seeing Bobby Zamora at halftime and having my photo taken with him!

The result leaves us 8th in the Womens Super League but 4 points off the teams above us.

Manager Powell frustrated : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-frustrated-not-to-build-on-a-promising-start

Match report : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-report-albion-dealt-a-hammer-blow-at-crawley

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Only cos its free to ST holders. If was say 15 quid a pop there would be about 2k there.

There'd almost certainly be significantly less than 2,000 if it were 15 quid a ticket. 849 there today paying a lot less than that, even with the inconvenience of Crawley.

It's right to expect that there will be more than 5 or 6 thousand at the Amex, comfortably beating the 5k+ attendance of last season. One would certainly hope that will be the case with thousands of tickets given away for free. Nothing wrong with that as a one-off on a purely marketing basis of course, especially when it comes to encouraging children to attend. However, as well as the overall attendance, it will be interesting to see the paying numbers at the Amex to gauge exactly how popular the demand is for top-flight women's football that is played in Brighton itself.

This weekend's WSL attendances:
4,149 - Chelsea v Arsenal
1,834 - Man City v Birmingham
924 - Liverpool v Bristol City
849 - Brighton v West Ham
616 - Reading v Everton
? - Tottenham v Man United
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/womens-super-league/scores-fixtures

Here's the pricing info for the Birmingham game:

"Tickets will be available at £3 for adults and £1 for under-18s and over-65s.

If you hold a season ticket at the Amex, you will be able to claim TWO FREE tickets, giving you the chance to bring a guest to the match.

All WSL season ticket holders will be able to claim FOUR FREE tickets, in addition to their own ticket, to bring friends and family to enjoy the game. Please note that you will need to claim a free ticket for yourself to gain entry to the Amex for the match.

If season ticket holders wish to claim one of these offers, please note you need to do this by 5pm on Friday 15th November.

Any groups that wish to buy ten or more tickets can do so at a cost of £1 per ticket."

It's an excellent opportunity for Albion season ticket holders to support the women's team at no additional cost, or for larger groups for a quid each.

Let's hope there's a excellent response. With free tickets, there wouldn't be any credible excuse for anything less than that.

Last edited:

Not the best performance from the Albion today against an organised West Ham side - kept giving the ball away and resorting to lumping the ball forward aimlessly when attacking. Le Garrec showed some skillful touches, but my player of the match was our goalkeeper Megan Walsh who couldn't do much about the goals and made several good stops to keep the scoreline down. Disappointment at the performance and the result was made slightly better by seeing Bobby Zamora at halftime and having my photo taken with him!

The result leaves us 8th in the Womens Super League but 4 points off the teams above us.

Manager Powell frustrated : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-frustrated-not-to-build-on-a-promising-start

Match report : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-report-albion-dealt-a-hammer-blow-at-crawley
Where was Zamora - he certainly not in the tea queue at half time :)

Nice little stadium with a Goldstone/Withdean feel.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Where was Zamora - he certainly not in the tea queue at half time :)

Far too busy wandering around the edge of the pitch at halftime chatting to fans and having his picture taken with them to get his own tea :D :D :clap:

Far too busy wandering around the edge of the pitch at halftime chatting to fans and having his picture taken with them to get his own tea :D :D :clap:

Doh, I was getting a cuppa when I could have got a selfie with the legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here