Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Vs Leicester Heatmap

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve been having a little play with the heatmap and it’s fascinating where our different players spent there minutes positionally.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640726/Live/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Brighton-Leicester

A few take aways.

- Trossard & Caicedo were very deep in comparison to Groß and March.

- Mwepu spent most of his time in attacking positions (like Groß). He got in and around Welbeck a number of times which must have sent panic through the Leicester team freeing up acres and acres of space for other players.

- Mac Allister was very deep most of the time. Very disciplined from a player seen as a No.10 when we signed him.

There is another stat on ‘key passes’. 13 were made. Surprise, surprise, Groß got 5 and Tross got 4 of them.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Groß and March were always looking for each other and paired up brilliantly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I’ve been having a little play with the heatmap and it’s fascinating where our different players spent there minutes positionally.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640726/Live/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Brighton-Leicester

A few take aways.

- Mwepu spent most of his time in attacking positions (like Groß). He got in and around Welbeck a number of times which must have sent panic through the Leicester team freeing up acres and acres of space for other players.

- Mac Allister was very deep most of the time. Very disciplined from a player seen as a No.10 when we signed him.

There is another stat on ‘key passes’. 13 were made. Surprise, surprise, Groß got 5 and Tross got 4 of them.

He got IN Welbeck? :eek:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A few take aways.

I love that site, it's a real rabbit hole.

As HKFC has pointed out on here before you have to be careful with average positions as they aren't accurate if players swap position (especially from wide right to left and vice versa) but it can be very insightful as to how we play. On average we lined up 3-1-4-1-1 but there was more fluidity to it than that when you watched it. You can also see the triangles and overloads we created.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He got IN Welbeck? :eek:

Danny Welbeck needs to read his contract carefully. Employers can sneak in all kinds of clauses.

I was once told by a manager to 'suck him dry', referring to an IT contractor with a particular computing language skill. I said to him 'I'm sure I didn't read that in my contract of employment'.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Danny Welbeck needs to read his contract carefully. Employers can sneak in all kinds of clauses.

I was once told by a manager to 'suck him dry', referring to an IT contractor with a particular computing language skill. I said to him 'I'm sure I didn't read that in my contract of employment'.

Like being 'pulled off at half-time' instead of just having oranges?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 13.11.41.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 13.11.41.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 103

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here