Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton ...tickets to NHS workers

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...just talked about on TalkSPORT...1000 tickets to be given to frontline NHS workers...thats the headline....details to follow...being discussed now..one game?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Interesting that the first club they challenged to follow suit was Bournemouth rather than any of our nearer neighbours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1648500/albion-donate-match-tickets-to-nhs-workers

Brighton & Hove Albion have ring-fenced a minimum of one thousand tickets covering future matches to be donated to front line NHS heroes fighting the coronavirus.

The club board unanimously approved the decision on Tuesday, and have now invited other Premier League, EFL, Scottish and Northern Irish senior clubs to consider following suit with an appropriate number, either for one specific match or spread across a number of fixtures when football resumes and NHS staff are able to attend games.

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber suggested a club-to-club baton approach and has already nominated fellow south-coast Premier League club AFC Bournemouth as the next in line. Cherries’ chairman Jeff Mostyn is keen to rise to the challenge.

Barber explained, “We are working on a range of things across all areas of the community and I hope this will just be the start.

“We fully appreciate football is the last thing on anyone’s minds at this moment, but we feel this is a small way in which we can show our gratitude for those NHS staff on the front line who are fighting the battle on behalf of all of us and give them something to look forward to.

“Of course the biggest support we can all show our NHS heroes is by following the crucial government advice on social distancing, self-isolating, hand hygiene and using tissues to catch, kill and bin coughs and sneezes.”

Cherries’ chairman Mostyn added, “We are absolutely delighted to match Brighton’s gesture and commit to one thousand tickets, and we will pass the baton to another club with the aim of reaching a significant target so football as a whole can show its appreciation for our country’s NHS workers.”

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott to play a free NHS concert, may get a few more takers.

:clap2:

Capture.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't they been through enough?

I would have been disappointed in NSC if this hadn’t been posted in the first ten replies. It was the first one, top work :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1648500/albion-donate-match-tickets-to-nhs-workers

Brighton & Hove Albion have ring-fenced a minimum of one thousand tickets covering future matches to be donated to front line NHS heroes fighting the coronavirus.

The club board unanimously approved the decision on Tuesday, and have now invited other Premier League, EFL, Scottish and Northern Irish senior clubs to consider following suit with an appropriate number, either for one specific match or spread across a number of fixtures when football resumes and NHS staff are able to attend games.

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber suggested a club-to-club baton approach and has already nominated fellow south-coast Premier League club AFC Bournemouth as the next in line. Cherries’ chairman Jeff Mostyn is keen to rise to the challenge.

Barber explained, “We are working on a range of things across all areas of the community and I hope this will just be the start.

“We fully appreciate football is the last thing on anyone’s minds at this moment, but we feel this is a small way in which we can show our gratitude for those NHS staff on the front line who are fighting the battle on behalf of all of us and give them something to look forward to.

“Of course the biggest support we can all show our NHS heroes is by following the crucial government advice on social distancing, self-isolating, hand hygiene and using tissues to catch, kill and bin coughs and sneezes.”

Cherries’ chairman Mostyn added, “We are absolutely delighted to match Brighton’s gesture and commit to one thousand tickets, and we will pass the baton to another club with the aim of reaching a significant target so football as a whole can show its appreciation for our country’s NHS workers.”

Nice gesture this, and fair play to Mostyn for accepting the challenge of providing the same. 1,000 spare tickets, even across quite a few games, is a much more difficult proposition for AFCB in their little shed, than for us at the Amex.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at that statement from the club in one of the posts above is that 1000 tickets spread over more than one match?

Realistically, it needs to be spread out over 4 or 5 games - not just because of ticket availability, but also the availability of the NHS wanting to take up the offer.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully when 'they' get these tickets, there won't be any last minute cancellations, due to waiting lists.
Could always go down the private 1901 route.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Without being a cynic (which I am with this and other EPL clubs) MUFC were very happy to pay for those poor kids trapped in a cave to fly over and watch a game as it was good publicity but don't want to provide a gesture to NHS workers ?

Shame on them perhaps they should look at what some of their ex players are doing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ironically, you'd maybe understand a Bournemouth being reluctant - they have a small ground and that would be a significant % of their seats, but they were quite quick to agree (and so far only other club to agree?).

With the being first to confirm match day staff being paid, now this. It's like we're a giving club at a taking party and it's scaring everyone else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Disgusting.

I don't agree. I think it's a splendid idea. But the clubs could have sat down together and put the initiative across the board rather than being jolted by a single club to act in a certain way. I can see why some clubs could be miffed. It's not about being miserly, it's about not creating a 'holier than thou' situation. I can't see that any club wouldn't want to be part of this. Or at least I hope they all would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here