Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Always the same. He is an atrocious loser - always acts like a child when things don’t go his way.

The disrespect shown towards Shrewsbury in the FA Cup last season when he selected a youth side, threw away a two-goal lead and said he wouldn't take charge of the replay because it was in the winter break made me suspect him. Today has fully proved it for me that he is as bad as Mourinho or Fergie, except he hasn't won a fraction of what they did. Whenever he's shown, I mutter "twàt" under my breath! :lolol:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Toe to toe with the European champions. Well done lads. Special mention to Biss, another world class performance with more than a touch of arrogance!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Bissouma trending on Twitter. A lot of Man U fans keen...

I thought he was our best player today.

If Liverpool lose Wijnaldum to Barcelona, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lallana off injured - Jahanbakhsh on. No more substitutes. :facepalm:

Oh dear, time to go and make a cup of tea - I'll just wait for this free kick to be taken first ...................

Edit: nope - time for tea.

Just popping back here to receive my congratulations for my fabulous assist for our equaliser! It was a lovely cup of tea too ................. and so nice to come back to find the score was now1-1.

:):):)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
funny thing about Gross scoring - i hardly recall commentators even mentioning his name during the whole match. Must have been one of those games where he "played excellent when he didnt have the ball" days :)

I thought he was outstanding. He never gives the ball away and keeps the ball moving. I am biased though as I absolutely love him as a football player. Easily my favourite player since we got into the PL.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I thought he was outstanding. He never gives the ball away and keeps the ball moving. I am biased though as I absolutely love him as a football player. Easily my favourite player since we got into the PL.

I think he took a bit of time to settle in what is a (kind of) new postion for him. But he really looks the part now. I don't think he is always the answer, but as an option it's great to have. And we do look better with his set piece quality.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This interview is going to come back and bite Kopp. Calling out Chris Wilder like that???

That was disgraceful. Sheff Utd are a physical team - more so this season it seems but Chris Wilder is a decent man who doesn't hide behind their poor start from what I've seen. Hope the FA fine him for those pathetic comments.

Let's talk about us. Plaudits to Graham Potter for mixing things up and coming up with a tremendous game plan. The international break seems to have done us the power of good and we can go into the Stains match with a lot more optimism. What a great weekend so far! :clap:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Couldn't give a stuff about Klopp's interview, the story should be about how well we played and that point was minimum reward for that performance. Well played lads!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
BT are starting to give us some credit in commentary, so how about giving us some airtime after the game you *****!

must be the third time there hasn't been tim eto hear Potter's thoughts on the game.

But I have to say the camera shots of the stadium were superb.
Got me quite emotional.
9 days to go....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
BT are starting to give us some credit in commentary, so how about giving us some airtime after the game you *****!

must be the third time there hasn't been tim eto hear Potter's thoughts on the game.

But I have to say the camera shots of the stadium were superb.
Got me quite emotional.
9 days to go....

I really don’t mean this how it sounds but Im not sure we missed much being deprived of a GP interview. Great manager but just too much of a diplomat to interrupt my post match cuppa.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really don’t mean this how it sounds but Im not sure we missed much being deprived of a GP interview. Great manager but just too much of a diplomat to interrupt my post match cuppa.

Yeah I'm with you on that, but after a decent Brighton game I like to absorb every bit of Albion related content, no matter how trite or superficial.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Happy with a point at the end of the day.

I'm sure most Albion fans would have taken four points from Villa away and Liverpool at home before either game had kicked off. One or two of the old frustrations of course, missing a one on one and a penalty was a bit of a sickener and it looked for a long time like we'd be punished for it. However, we stuck to our task and got what we deserved out of it.

Credit to Potter for mixing it up and playing on their weaknesses though I'm still baffled by the Connolly substitution. He was our most dangerous player!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Happy with a point at the end of the day.

I'm sure most Albion fans would have taken four points from Villa away and Liverpool at home before either game had kicked off. One or two of the old frustrations of course, missing a one on one and a penalty was a bit of a sickener and it looked for a long time like we'd be punished for it. However, we stuck to our task and got what we deserved out of it.

Credit to Potter for mixing it up and playing on their weaknesses though I'm still baffled by the Connolly substitution. He was our most dangerous player!

This..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here