Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Think the goals conceded were sometimes due to tiredness - loose midfield, tired legs on the defenders too... in a way it's good we didn't get the win... WAIT HEAR ME OUT! Gus is more pissed off, motivates the team more for Tuesday. Albion win. Gloating ensues, palace end up relegated etc. Good times.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
See? Told you at half-time that we'd get a result! Absolutely awesome second half by the lads, f***ing brilliant. Really proud of the boys. All we need to do is get our second-half mentality from the off! Seeeeeeeeeeeaaaaagullls!!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A few observations from tonight:

1. I fear that opposition teams are learning from seeing us live on TV that our full backs can be skinned by pace

2. Our defence is so casual and naive at times - but in the Championship it is costing us some silly goals. Even Greer should know that sometimes it is ok for the last defender to hoof the ball into Row Z.

3. What happened to our ability to keep the ball and pass it around in the last 2 minutes of injury time? - surrendering possession and slack marking cost us the 3rd Leeds goal

4. Maybe fatigue was a factor, certainly the concentration wasn't there in the first half and again in the 92nd minute.

5. On a positive note CMS looked so dangerous - his turn and finish for the 1st and his movement for his 2nd goal were brilliant. Reminded me of a certain P. Ward....

6. Great atmosphere at the Amex.

7. Bring on Palace. A fresher Albion team should be back on form.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
great to see CMS have an EXCELLENT game for us. his first top notch one, even if tbh he only had two moments of real note! both goals. great first, great tenacity to get a toe on the end of the other.
And he won us the penalty. So all 3 of our goals were thanks to him. First goal was amazing, and I think it was more than a bit of tenacity for the second.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
10 bookings, 5 each. I think that means both teams will be charged with failing to control their players. What a load of bollocks that is and a reason why premiership referees shouldn't referee proper games.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think a definite sign that we were tired is who had a better than average game!

CMS had a good second half and Barnes a couple of good assists but a lot of them were below par, especially Greer that was a really poor game by his standards. In fact the whole defence individually were really below par.

Really worried about Casper. Poor positioning for Bellamy goal, flapped at another which had to be cleared off the line and tonight! The first goal on TV, he fell over to the left when the first shot was blocked for no apparent reason which meant he had no chance of recovery, beaten on his near post for the second and the last one, no comment necessary.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
And he won us the penalty. So all 3 of our goals were thanks to him. First goal was amazing, and I think it was more than a bit of tenacity for the second.

Fair point! It was his ability with the ball on the ground that we bought him for. He's suffered in the past few games as we haven't given him the service. Tonight he excelled and I'm sure there's more to come. Maybe a fiver on a CMS hat-trick for Tuesday. Would be nice.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Better game for the neutral.

Did not have the celebrated curry. Just put three whole chilli peppers in with the sausages.

Pissed orf.

Last edited:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
How many times will that not-great-Leeds-team score 3 times away this season against a top team. Rarely I think.

Painter & Calderon are the weak link. No pace. All other teams will know that, from their scouting & videos.

Get 2 top fullbacks in January, and I think we'll go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here