Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Frank Lampard's Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't get to games and sometimes wonder if the ridiculous negativity and player criticising in here is reflected at the AMEX?

If so that is a shame, one would hope that our home crowd would be a positive not a negative.

We're not West Ham.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I don't get to games and sometimes wonder if the ridiculous negativity and player criticising in here is reflected at the AMEX?

If so that is a shame, one would hope that our home crowd would be a positive not a negative.

We're not West Ham.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Am I missing the joke? What home crowd?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
That particular nugget tells you that we had the ball more than the opponents. It doesn't tell you what we did with it - aside from kick off 6 times! :D

If someone only cares about the result, then the only info they need is the scoreline. If they want to know how we played, they either need to watch the game and form their opinion, based on whatever they use for that. Or they look further into the available information. Some of us look at today and think, we created sod all there - because they must think those three decent chances were crap. They equally think that Chelsea created loads more. That's all opinion-based. xG is far from perfect, but it's miles more accurate than the gut feel of any individual. imho tbh

Screenshot 2020-09-15 065450.png Result 0-2

Screenshot 2020-09-15 065521.png

Screenshot 2020-09-15 065552.png Result 1-3

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
A really brave, battling performance, no shame to losing to such a high quality side. Overall we were very good and if we maintain those performance levels against the sides in and around our level we'll be abaolutely fine. On another day with a bit more luck we could have nicked a point.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We seem to be getting reasonable reviews from neutrals on our performance.

Clearly we need a striker or this season will be yet another grim bottom 5 battle.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ok well you can go on thinking a team is playing well if it wins 1-0 after have none of the ball, giving away loads of good chances and scoring via an own goal backpass.
...and collects 3 points.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We seem to be getting reasonable reviews from neutrals on our performance.

Clearly we need a striker or this season will be yet another grim bottom 5 battle.

[SUP][/SUP]

Think we'll be fine regardless. We've brought in strikers every window and they never seem to work out how we want them too aside from Maupay. I think there's enough there without a new addition to comfortably stay up. However we need to get in a couple of players to really make sure of it but it's important that they're the right additions. Trust the board.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Err yes? They won 3-1. Very comfortably. I'd have liked us to force telling errors and hit worldies into top corners. And frankly I'm gratified that Potter's assessment was downbeat afterwards because it's important he doesn't live in a world of denial

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Err no

We did more than them to win that game.

An unforced error, a deflection and a worldie, all in the same game undid us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the football show on SKy currently analysing the chelsea players and game.

We did take part last night didnt we ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
the football show on SKy currently analysing the chelsea players and game.

We did take part last night didnt we ?

What is more interesting - analysing the performance of the big spenders, potential title competitors Chelsea - or plucky Brighton that played some nice stuff but ultimately lost 3-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here