[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I do think our lack of size/physicality is a problem. RDZ has alluded to it as well. I like WBG and Pascal is a legend, but as a midfield partnership it’s a huge downgrade on last season and why we can’t keep pace with the ‘bigger’ clubs this season. It’s understandable - having a WC winner and a £115m player as our CM was a luxury we won’t be able to replicate. But I think we need to double down on playing Baleba now, as well as ensuring we focus on bringing in some more athleticism and power in our recruitment this summer.

This was the team that beat Chelsea 2-1 April 2023. 3 of those players, plus the two subs on the pitch. Gilmour and Facu and Offiah who played this time were unused subs.
Of those who played, 5 injured, 3 sold for big money.
1000009059.jpg

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
You can clearly see on the club extended highlights he raises and leads with his shoulder. Now we know he's not a dirty player and he probably doesn't mean it but he does catch him in the face and the player needs to go off with concussion.

Seen plenty of accidental blocks that have lead to head injuries given as reds.
Lamptey's shoulder in someone's face? Is Mudryk only 4 feet tall?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Did I miss this yesterday?

The panel also felt Brighton should have been awarded a penalty during Wednesday's 2-1 home defeat by Chelsea.

The referee did not deem Malo Gusto's challenge on Simon Adingra as a foul and four panellists disagreed with the on-field decision because "the defender's leg dangled into the path of the attacker who cannot go anywhere else whilst in possession".

The other panellist felt Adingra initiated the contact and a 4-1 majority felt the VAR was incorrect to not intervene.

Tsk!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Did I miss this yesterday?

The panel also felt Brighton should have been awarded a penalty during Wednesday's 2-1 home defeat by Chelsea.

The referee did not deem Malo Gusto's challenge on Simon Adingra as a foul and four panellists disagreed with the on-field decision because "the defender's leg dangled into the path of the attacker who cannot go anywhere else whilst in possession".

The other panellist felt Adingra initiated the contact and a 4-1 majority felt the VAR was incorrect to not intervene.

Tsk!
Call me a bad fan but I didn’t think it should be a penalty. I mean, loads like that are given so I’d have taken it gladly. But in general footballing terms I don’t like seeing those given. Basically forwards have for decades now left their leg out to try and get contact, simple as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports