Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
“I would like to win every game 4-0, 5-0”

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Surprised to see no mention of our lack of playing it out from the back tonight.
Whether RDZ deemed it too high risk given the squad available or a tactic not suited to playing against the likes of Brentford,
it was great to see the excellent use of the medium-length ball expertly distributed by Steele over the first line of Brentford players, a tactic that has been noticeably creeping in at an increasing rate these past couple of months.
Great to have such a solid Plan B and one that works extremely well for us.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Surprised to see no mention of our lack of playing it out from the back tonight.
Whether RDZ deemed it too high risk given the squad available or a tactic not suited to playing against the likes of Brentford,
it was great to see the excellent use of the medium-length ball expertly distributed by Steele over the first line of Brentford players, a tactic that has been noticeably creeping in at an increasing rate these past couple of months.
Great to have such a solid Plan B and one that works extremely well for us.
Mmmm, their goal came direct from a long ball from Steele that they picked up unchallenged and drove at us quickly straight through the middle. I suppose it was an RDZ tactic, although at the time I thought that if his shot-saving abilities wasn't getting him dropped, his aimless long balls might!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Give it a rest mate. I’ve just got back to London, it took me three hours to drive down, car crash on a horribly busy A23 because of the trains. I’m glad I went but totally understand why lots of people that probably travel much further than you do for home games didn’t want to endure a horrible journey and very late night home. Stop being so precious.
Indeed, it was a combination of things, unattractive opposition, strikes, cold wet night, December school night..... nothing sinister.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Fascinating performance

I was bamboozled by gross position. Playing left back but relentlessly in the no 10 position at times

Baleba being able to switch from a centre back to centre mid depending on I don’t know what.

Jack hinslewood making diagonal runs from right to left.

A back 5 at times and a front 6 seconds later.

You have to be switched on to play in this team. Thank god we didn’t sign Cole palmer who sounds like the thickest human being to ever walk the planet.

I tip my hat to RDZ
Him and Hinsh played the most liberal interpretation of full backs I've ever seen. Coming narrow when we had the ball almost making a box with the CB's and a triangle around Gimlour with Baleba dropping back between and behind the CB's t create new patterns.

It really worked Brentford didn't know whether they were coming or going

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Superb picture of Jack's goal in the Guardian. One for the family album no doubt.

3000.jpg

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We are SUCH a good side. Players missing/sold and we made a good Brentford side (also missing key players) look very ordinary. Caicedo is still a f***ing IDIOT to have taken Boehly's dollar; hugely ill-advised.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dare I say it but after a few awful refs and/or VAR decisions, the ref had a good game. How refreshing to watching a game without any VAR.
Ignoring the Gilmour incident that is but it's been a better watch as a result.
I agree. 45 rant free minutes from me in the first half, a couple of minor grumbles in the second but I think Peter Banks is firmly in the 20%. Should have sent off Wissa though.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"You've got no problem playing young players?"

"I've got no problem otherwise we play with 7 players. I prefer 11"

🤣🤣🤣
Yes, that was the best line in his post-match interview- I couldn’t remember it verbatim so didn’t quote it but he’s has a lovely, dry sense of humour - the more I hear him the more I like him. The polar opposite I felt listening to Potter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hahaha f*** off Mee.

Big win, well done boys. It wasn't pretty but definitely deserved.
Most of it was quite pretty. Dominated them almost all game. Penalty was a bit soft (didn't realise that line though). Excellent win. Would be good to keep a clean sheet for one game this season, but our scoring streak record is incredible.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Most of it was quite pretty. Dominated them almost all game. Penalty was a bit soft (didn't realise that line though). Excrement win. Would be good to keep a clean sheet for one game this season, but our scoring streak record is incredible.
Excrement win 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here