Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Brighton And Hove Albion Vs S.C. Olhanense Offical Match Thread ****

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If LuaLua was just on the sideline with an ice pack I'm sure it's nothing serious, the worrying thing is that he's played two friendlies and twice oppositions have resorted to stopping him violently. This is how his leg and ankle were broken in the first place, with a ref allowing it.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
If LuaLua was just on the sideline with an ice pack I'm sure it's nothing serious, the worrying thing is that he's played two friendlies and twice oppositions have resorted to stopping him violently. This is how his leg and ankle were broken in the first place, with a ref allowing it.
That's a very good point and I would imagine it is 1 of the things that has been winding Gus up. I guess it is a problem we will face often over the next few months.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That's the problem with being unplayable (as Kaz is when on form), opposing players feel they have no other option than to try and take him out of the game. You can see why Gus gets annoyed at the lack of protection given by referees, especially in a bleedin' friendly.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
That's the problem with being unplayable (as Kaz is when on form), opposing players feel they have no other option than to try and take him out of the game. You can see why Gus gets annoyed at the lack of protection given by referees, especially in a bleedin' friendly.
Welcome to the Championship. It happened to Moses, Scannell and now it happens to Zaha at Palace.

Small, tricky players get kicked up in the air.

Just have to hope for good refs.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Surely he will get more protection from refs in the NPC won't he? Wasn't there some kind of order issued to refs a while back, instructing them to protect the more skillfull players in a match? I'm sure i heard something like that...but then again, i may of just dreamt it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It sounds like its more due to shithouse refereeing then anything else :shrug:

According to the club site, it sounds to me that GP feels it is worthwhile and will arrange suitably neutral referees for 'next' year's pre season in Portugal.

Relieved that KLL does not appear to be too badly damaged - I think if I had been there last night I might have been over the barrier !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was a good work out for the players but they looked to be very tired yesterday before they even started perhaps it was the heat perhaps they have had a very hard training time here. My major concern is that both Hoskins and CMS appear to want the ball played up to them early to take on the defenders but we seem to be still very slow with our build up to the final pass forward.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
That's a good point BG. Last season, we were having the patient build up, with more often than not, the ball played up to GM to either control, lay off, or look for the free-kick. CMS and Hoskins by the sound of it are more about movement and wanting the ball to feet in dangerous areas. I thought this might happen if we set up with two wingers, as in The Championship, the ball needs to move quicker. Oppo might just sit, waiting for the ball to come forward, then make their challenges. I'm not saying last season's tactics won't work, just that they will need to be adjusted to speed it up a bit in the middle and final thirds...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here