Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford not wearing Black Armbands for George Cohen?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure why they would in fairness.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve been following football since 79, and I have to say I’d never heard of him before this week.
I knew who he was, although I suspect many fans under a certain age may not.

Club's will pay respect as they see fit. It's very articifical all this sometimes. Fans rating the biggest guestures.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Both teams did a minute's applause. Apparently Spurs black armbands are due to mourning Kane's penalty miss t'other week
Only team I think would actually do that is Liverpool.

Perhaps wise to let the dust settle from Wednesday night before making penalty jokes also.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't know the names of the world cup winners? Learn this list; Banks, Wilson, Charlton J, Moore, Cohen, Ball, Peters, Stiles, Charlton R, Hunt, Hurst.
That doesn't half look like a copy and paste reply.

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I’ve been following football since 79, and I have to say I’d never heard of him before this week.
Wow that’s surprising
Guessing you re about 50 if you got into football 79 ?
as mentioned by others considering he was part of the (vice captain I think I learnt this week )World Cup winning team
that’s unusual to not have heard of him
Especially with his nephew Ben Cohen being a rugby WC winner

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of the most famous 11 English footballers?
I know who he is, but why everyone wearing black armbands when nothing to do with their club / others from 66 never given such tributes? At the Fulham game, fair enough. Round of applause or silence at most matches more than suffices.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I know who he is, but why everyone wearing black armbands when nothing to do with their club / others from 66 never given such tributes? At the Fulham game, fair enough. Round of applause or silence at most matches more than suffices.
We did at Southampton 🤷‍♂️

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wow that’s surprising
Guessing you re about 50 if you got into football 79 ?
as mentioned by others considering he was part of the (vice captain I think I learnt this week )World Cup winning team
that’s unusual to not have heard of him
Especially with his nephew Ben Cohen being a rugby WC winner
I’d never heard of Ben Cohen until George passed and mentioned. Not into Rugby btw so entirely plausible!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We did at Southampton 🤷‍♂️
Well that’s nice and fair enough. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t or others didn’t though, as you point out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe not one of the most memorable members of the squad, Fulham fans would know him from the womb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here