Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Breaking News - Nigel Farage

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Is it alright, in your opinion, if we hope Farrage disappears from the media spotlight permanently so that we can begin the massive task of restoring Britain's reputation which he and his acolytes have trashed so comprehensively? Or is that simply negative anergy?

Yes, it is alright to hope that, but why are you conflating that with people wishing him physical harm or even death. If you can't see the difference then you have gone down in my opinion (and even though I may not always agree with your posts I thought you had integrity). You can do better than that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You may be joking but I'm reminded of Jeffery Archer complaining over the weekend about the 2m social distance. Because we've left the EU he thinks it should be changed to something a bit more Imperial.

Dear sweet lord.

TBF, I still work in feet and inches :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
EDEa6DTXUAIj_db.jpg

:p

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Without wishing to get into specifics or wishing death on anyone, it's interesting to ponder what a sliding doors moment that plane crash has turned into the UK. Had Farage died it's likely the UKIP cause would never have got going in the same way (most of the rest are utter cranks who would have cost them in the end, like Bloom). Not fearing an outflanking on the right in 2015, Cameron never promises the EU referendum in his manifesto and likely wins outright in the same way. He might well be standing down around now as PM as his party prepares to fight a (postponed) General Election, where his Governments handling of the Coronavirus crisis will be the cornerstone of the campaign against Yvette Cooper.

Yes, Yvette Cooper. Because Miliband was beaten convincingly in 2015 and didn't resign suddenly, meaning the Labour party didn't rush through a poorly thought-out rule around paying £3 for a vote, meaning a lot of the Corbyn vote never turned up and he likely failed even to get onto the ballot in the first place. Cooper was the outstanding candidate in the field among the other three and would almost certainly have won. UKIP would be a dud force hoovering up the votes of a few xenophobes on the hard right, "Brexit" would be merely a glint in Mark Francois' eye and the UK would currently be working closely with it's EU partners on the Covid-19 pandemic.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, it is alright to hope that, but why are you conflating that with people wishing him physical harm or even death. If you can't see the difference then you have gone down in my opinion (and even though I may not always agree with your posts I thought you had integrity). You can do better than that.

Death to fascism, it has no place is a civilised integrated/fair society. Do you not agree with that?

It would appear that we re living in a society thats is shifting toward it one way or another, a significant minority being hoodwinked Into voting for it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TBF, I still work in feet and inches :lolol:

Despite being schooled in metric, (born in the 70's) as soon as I went to work it was mostly inches, thou freaked me for a bit, but when I see a small gap now its always a few thou, never 0.2mm I'll always be just under 6'3" 1.89m? Pfff! 34" waste etc . . . .

Weight is metric though

Farij is an imperial **** married to a metric nazi . . .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Despite being schooled in metric, (born in the 70's) as soon as I went to work it was mostly inches, thou freaked me for a bit, but when I see a small gap now its always a few thou, never 0.2mm I'll always be just under 6'3" 1.89m? Pfff! 34" waste etc . . . .

Weight is metric though

Farij is an imperial **** married to a metric nazi . . .

Depends what trade you're in I suppose. I don't suppose anyone involved in graphic design uses inches. Except Americans, who prattle on about five-sixteenths of an inch bleed while the rest of the world laughs at them.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I am not conflating the two things at all.... I have never wanted him to lose his life, just to lose his influence on suggestible people!

What's with the searing criticism?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

some adults can see beyond the "remoaner"/"brexiteer" divide

and can just see someone as being a repulsive individual who has contributed to an incredible and long lasting divide in this nation that will take decades to repair and makes a living from causing division and spreading hatred

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
some adults can see beyond the "remoaner"/"brexiteer" divide

and can just see someone as being a repulsive individual who has contributed to an incredible and long lasting divide in this nation that will take decades to repair and makes a living from causing division and spreading hatred

The 'adults' being the ones wanting to see someone dead obviously.

About your level.

Of all the hateful, reprehensible posts on this thread mine was definitely worth singling out for comment. About your level indeed.

Jan 30, 2008
Ah the "immigrants only come to use our benefits" nonsense. Nonsense because in fact immigrants pay far mmore in total in tax and NI than they take in benefits. Bit like the argument for charging twice to use the NHS. But never let facts get in tthe way of prejudice eh?
so all these people turning up on the beach have all got a job to go too................ you're a Diamond :lolol:
regards
DF

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here