Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Breaking a club record at Arsenal?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By all accounts yesterday we equalled a club record from the 1947/48 season by going 20 league games in a row without a clean sheet.

So, we'll head to The Emirates with the possibility of creating club history...

Can we pull it off? I think we very probably can - dare to dream!

This is the sequence from 1947/48. We broke the streak with a 2-0 home win over Reading...

20 Sep 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Northampton TownL2-3Division Three (South)
27 Sep 1947Aldershot v Brighton and Hove AlbionD1-1Division Three (South)
01 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Swansea TownL0-1Division Three (South)
04 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal PalaceD1-1Division Three (South)
11 Oct 1947Ipswich Town v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-0Division Three (South)
18 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol CityL0-2Division Three (South)
25 Oct 1947Reading v Brighton and Hove AlbionL1-0Division Three (South)
01 Nov 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v WalsallL0-4Division Three (South)
08 Nov 1947Leyton Orient v Brighton and Hove AlbionL2-1Division Three (South)
15 Nov 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Exeter CityL0-1Division Three (South)
22 Nov 1947Newport County v Brighton and Hove AlbionD1-1Division Three (South)
25 Dec 1947Port Vale v Brighton and Hove AlbionL5-0Division Three (South)
27 Dec 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Port ValeD2-2Division Three (South)
03 Jan 1948Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-1Division Three (South)
17 Jan 1948Norwich City v Brighton and Hove AlbionD2-2Division Three (South)
24 Jan 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v Ipswich TownW4-1Division Three (South)
31 Jan 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol RoversW3-1Division Three (South)
07 Feb 1948Northampton Town v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-0Division Three (South)
14 Feb 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v AldershotD1-1Division Three (South)
06 Mar 1948Bristol City v Brighton and Hove AlbionW1-2Division Three (South)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quick reminder to our thickal fans.

This is exactly what we were promised and by and large exactly what we were demanding verses our previous, don't lose, snorefest, approach to EPL games.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not a chance imo. I am already mentally prepared for another game we have to rescue. So many shots on target end up in our net, often from deflections and generally quite early in the game.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Whilst it too was an age of austerity, I'd say the current run is a tad more pleasant - even within the bounds of fantasy. That looked like a proper shitty run and reminded me of that run through Mullery and Lloyd.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This is exactly what we were promised and by and large exactly what we were demanding verses our previous 'don't lose', snorefest, approach to EPL games.
Sean Dyche may have not said many things that have resonated with me, but he did say a truism recently; if you win football matches fans don’t care how you play.

I’ve been pretty satisfied with this football team since Hughton took over, I wouldn’t have kicked a fuss if he’d stayed. I enjoyed Potter’s football, from February 2022 till him leaving we were superb.

For RDZ though, to lose Caicedo, MacAllistair, Trossard, to have March, Estupinan, Enciso, Welbeck, Webster, Fati, Lamptey all injured, and still look as good as we’ve ever been is frankly mind blowing.

Take a step back and we’re looking to win a Europa League group while 8th in the Premier League, with 3 or 4 teenagers coming in and look the absolute nuts - and it’s give your head a wobble if you’re not able to take the odd frustrating day at the office

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

This is exactly what we were promised and by and large exactly what we were demanding verses our previous, don't lose, snorefest, approach to EPL games.
Exactly this 👍... we just forget to score enough against the crap teams

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I’ll give you Chris Hughton in his last days at the Albion and the enthralling 0-0 at Wolves - that’ll set the pulses racing.
I love a great game of football as much as the next bloke does, don't get me wrong. Winning 5-4, 4-3, whatever, is obviously brilliant and exciting.
But... I support Brighton... I don't like anybody scoring against us.
If Arsenal manage to contrive to score nil against us, I will be absolutely delighted. Bollocks to any record.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Was it what we we were demanding? I thought the Potter years got hugely better once we stopped conceding stupid goals - that's what i was demanding, to stop shipping goals on the counter. Those last six months of GP had attacking flair and not many going in, it had finally got the right balance of attack to pragmatism. Since then the level of attack has been off the charts, but the pragmatism has slipped and the balance altered so more counter attacking goals go in - that's prob my biggest hate in football, when you dominate for half an hour and then the other team scores...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
By all accounts yesterday we equalled a club record from the 1947/48 season by going 20 league games in a row without a clean sheet.

So, we'll head to The Emirates with the possibility of creating club history...

Can we pull it off? I think we very probably can - dare to dream!

This is the sequence from 1947/48. We broke the streak with a 2-0 home win over Reading...

20 Sep 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Northampton TownL2-3Division Three (South)
27 Sep 1947Aldershot v Brighton and Hove AlbionD1-1Division Three (South)
01 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Swansea TownL0-1Division Three (South)
04 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal PalaceD1-1Division Three (South)
11 Oct 1947Ipswich Town v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-0Division Three (South)
18 Oct 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol CityL0-2Division Three (South)
25 Oct 1947Reading v Brighton and Hove AlbionL1-0Division Three (South)
01 Nov 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v WalsallL0-4Division Three (South)
08 Nov 1947Leyton Orient v Brighton and Hove AlbionL2-1Division Three (South)
15 Nov 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Exeter CityL0-1Division Three (South)
22 Nov 1947Newport County v Brighton and Hove AlbionD1-1Division Three (South)
25 Dec 1947Port Vale v Brighton and Hove AlbionL5-0Division Three (South)
27 Dec 1947Brighton and Hove Albion v Port ValeD2-2Division Three (South)
03 Jan 1948Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-1Division Three (South)
17 Jan 1948Norwich City v Brighton and Hove AlbionD2-2Division Three (South)
24 Jan 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v Ipswich TownW4-1Division Three (South)
31 Jan 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol RoversW3-1Division Three (South)
07 Feb 1948Northampton Town v Brighton and Hove AlbionL4-0Division Three (South)
14 Feb 1948Brighton and Hove Albion v AldershotD1-1Division Three (South)
06 Mar 1948Bristol City v Brighton and Hove AlbionW1-2Division Three (South)
Isn't that the season we had to apply for re-election?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I believe we would also break an all time top flight record at Arsenal if we score and concede again. No other team has ever done do in their first 17 top flight league games of a season. We equalled Wolves record of 16 games from 1934 in doing so yesterday against Burnley.

Jul 7, 2003
I’ll give you Chris Hughton in his last days at the Albion and the enthralling 0-0 at Wolves - that’ll set the pulses racing.
As a defender, I have to say that game was an absolute defensive masterclass and quite enthralling.

Maybe Glenn Murray doesn’t remember the game quite so fondly though :)

el punal

As a defender, I have to say that game was an absolute defensive masterclass and quite enthralling.

Maybe Glenn Murray doesn’t remember the game quite so fondly though :)
The Tottenham away game, around the same time, had the same ingredients. It seemed that the only time we crossed the halfway line was to kick off. What Spurs fans said after the match about our tactics is unprintable -“f***ing shit” is probably one of the more acceptable quotes. We lost 1-0 by the way. :down:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

What an awful run of form, no wins from September until late January. At least the current team are winning games, even if they're not keeping clean sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here