Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Breakdown on yellow lines

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One of the reasons I hate staycations that involve lengthy drives , just too stressful and too much time for things to go wrong ! Plus the weather usually lets me down .

I’m all for staying local maybe 45 mins max then jump on a plane for hopefully a summer holiday in July .

"Staycations" are staying at home and doing holiday stuff. A lengthy drive would mean it's a holiday.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
OK I expect you are all holding on for the latest update, so here it is...

The only garage that was willing to do the work was a large Halford garage. Backed into a corner I could only agree. The car requires a new clutch and flywheel, the cost is just south of £1000, including labour. After dropping the car off I immediately went to recover in a pub, and have slept for most of the afternoon following very alcoholic pub lunch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The only garage that was willing to do the work was a large Halford garage. Backed into a corner I could only agree. The car requires a new clutch and flywheel, the cost is just south of £1000, including labour. After dropping the car off I immediately went to recover in a pub, and have slept for most of the afternoon following very alcoholic pub lunch.

It was going to go whether you were on Holiday or not and clutch and flywheel over Bank holiday weekend won't be cheap, but if you get it back for Monday night and can get home at least it's resolved and off your mind.

Try and enjoy the rest of the Holiday :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
"Staycations" are staying at home and doing holiday stuff. A lengthy drive would mean it's a holiday.

Apparently it means a holiday spent in one's home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.
So both right.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
£1000 !!!

How much is the rest of the car worth?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Not much comfort but that’s about the going rate for clutch and dmf at a Halfords/kwik fit type place. Halfords should be able to get the parts today or tomorrow (they use eurocarparts who carry a massive range of parts in stock) so availability should be ok. You’ll also get nationwide warranty as it’s being done at Halfrauds. Be wary though, you’ll probably get a call saying you need brakes, cambelt and so on.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Can you still get anything decent for less than a £1000?, assumed anything less than this is a banger.

Depends what you mean by banger.

My 15 year old car cost £950 a few years ago. Has now done over 140,000 miles and the engine etc. is absolutely fine. Plenty of bumps and scrapes on it though and I allow a couple of hundred quid a year to get it through its MOT for the odd suspension part, tyres etc. that need changing.

I'll admit that the first time I had it MOT'd it turned out the rear suspension was basically non existent. Which if nothing else explained the horrendous creaking sound under braking and acceleration, and why the dealer was so talkative while I was on the test drive. Wasn't to bad to get fixed though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here