Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Boxing Extravaganza Ce Soir

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm DELIGHTED Wilder lost and lost so comprehensively. The man is a prick who held up the division for years and ruined what could have been a mini golden era for heavyweight boxing. I hope he never gets the chance to get the AJ pay day he's done nothing to deserve. He should just retire and slink off into the night.

Likewise I'm very happy for Parker. He always comes across as a decent guy so to get a big name win allows him the chance to earn some bigger money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I'm DELIGHTED Wilder lost and lost so comprehensively. The man is a prick who held up the division for years and ruined what could have been a mini golden era for heavyweight boxing. I hope he never gets the chance to get the AJ pay day he's done nothing to deserve. He should just retire and slink off into the night.

Likewise I'm very happy for Parker. He always comes across as a decent guy so to get a big name win allows him the chance to earn some bigger money.
Agree re Parker. Always comes across well in interviews, never shys away from any fight and has decent boxing ability. Has beaten quite a few of the other top 10’s over the last few years. Chisora twice, Takam, Ruiz, Hughie Fury. One bad loss to Joyce and a loss to Whyte coming off the back of the AJ loss but other than that he’s got a solid record and is certainly better than most heavyweights, I’d even say he’s better than Whyte and Joyce just had bad nights.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You’re a couple of years out of date. Wilder is over.

Usyk v Fury is what I want to see, but Fury v AJ if not.
Almost certainly Fury Usyk will have a guaranteed rematch clause. So in a perfect world, it matters not so much who wins first fight, but after rematch clause enacted and IBF belt vacated, AJ fights for and wins IBF belt v Hrgovic, Fury wins Usyk rematch then Fury AJ for undisputed at Wembley. Would be biggest fight ever.

We can but dream!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Almost certainly Fury Usyk will have a guaranteed rematch clause. So in a perfect world, it matters not so much who wins first fight, but after rematch clause enacted and IBF belt vacated, AJ fights for and wins IBF belt v Hrgovic, Fury wins Usyk rematch then Fury AJ for undisputed at Wembley. Would be biggest fight ever.

We can but dream!
Do you think the event last night might put some pressure on Fury to make some of these fights?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Do you think the event last night might put some pressure on Fury to make some of these fights?
whatever his reasons, I do think Fury tried to dodge Usyk a year or so ago. Fury demanded majority of the purse, the venue, Usyk caled his bluff and Fury made even more excuses.

Usyk's underwhelming performance last time out may have made Fury recalcuate, but he did bottle a year ago for some reason imho.

I wouldnt be at all surpised to see Fury pull out before Feb with an excuse, but hope to be wrong of course.

Fury should be too big for him?

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
For me last night bought some things in to perspective:
Wilder is a shit boxer with one very potent weapon and not much else. Never beaten a top class heavyweight and must have been the most protected boxer of all time.
This puts Fury's win over him in to perspective, we all fell for the narrative that these were the top two in the division and swallowed all the hype around the trilogy. I think Fury always knew he had Wilders number. He got caught flush in the first fight but that was soon after boiling down from 30 stone!
AJ has been hammered by the fans and the media unfairly. He's the one boxer who has got in the ring with anyone, and last nights win against Wallin (a fighter who took Fury 12 rounds) was a good one. You can't criticise his determination and I wouldn't bet against him becoming world champion again.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
For me last night bought some things in to perspective:
Wilder is a shit boxer with one very potent weapon and not much else. Never beaten a top class heavyweight and must have been the most protected boxer of all time.
This puts Fury's win over him in to perspective, we all fell for the narrative that these were the top two in the division and swallowed all the hype around the trilogy. I think Fury always knew he had Wilders number. He got caught flush in the first fight but that was soon after boiling down from 30 stone!
AJ has been hammered by the fans and the media unfairly. He's the one boxer who has got in the ring with anyone, and last nights win against Wallin (a fighter who took Fury 12 rounds) was a good one. You can't criticise his determination and I wouldn't bet against him becoming world champion again.
Fury's legacy has really taken a beating this year. AJ vs Fury (If it ever happens) will tell us a lot about how history will view them. I'd love to see Usyk beat Fury, it would be great for the sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here