Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth (h) - Man of the Match

Who was your Man of the Match against Bournemouth at home?

• Verbruggen

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Veltman

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Webster

• Dunk

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Estupinan

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dahoud

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gilmour

Votes: 88 38.4%
  • Adingra

• Ferguson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welbeck

• Buonanotte

• Mitoma

Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Fati

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Pedro

• Baleba

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In a poor team performance Mitoma by getting himself in scoring positions made all the difference

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gilmour was great as was Veltman and a great cameo from Baleba.
Looking forward to Gilmour and Baleba being the future of this clubs central midfield.
Funny how we see different things (from where we sit?). Agree with all that except I thought Veltman looked frustrated and struggled a bit. His tackling seemed rash and his fouls were much more “obvious” that usual. A bit rusty perhaps.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That second half bit where he dummied and then let the ball pass behind him after a Bournemouth cross, and then drew the foul was peak Veltman :lolol:
It was absolutely beautiful. That grock he mugged off was furious at the ref for falling for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mitoma obviously changed the trajectory of the game, but the most exciting performance by far was Baleba. The obvious potential to plug the much needed defensive shortcomings became apparent very very quickly. Moses who?
He does look like the missing piece in midfield doesn't he?

We've done very well overall so far to cover for lack of Caicedo, but Baleba reminded me exactly how dangerous we can be with a proper destroyer in midfield who can travel with the ball.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He does look like the missing piece in midfield doesn't he?

We've done very well overall so far to cover for lack of Caicedo, but Baleba reminded me exactly how dangerous we can be with a proper destroyer in midfield who can travel with the ball.
It's like watching a totally different team isn't it? Someone getting stuck in, winning the ball high up the field, looking to drive forward. Impossible not to be excited about the Baleba/Gilmour combo. Thought Gilmour did enough on set pieces to claim that role too. Far more dangerous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's like watching a totally different team isn't it? Someone getting stuck in, winning the ball high up the field, looking to drive forward. Impossible not to be excited about the Baleba/Gilmour combo. Thought Gilmour did enough on set pieces to claim that role too. Far more dangerous.
And yes, as you say, it's exactly what WBG needs next to him. Exciting times. This side is going to keep getting better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought it was Dunk, by a country mile. Showed exactly why he was so badly missed on Thursday.
I also think it was Dunk but only just ahead of Webster. We all know Webster is not flavour of the month/year at the mo, and that everyone loves Veltman, but Veltman had a really poor first half (he was brilliant and hilarious in the second), whereas Webster got just about everything right -- yet 13 vote for Veltman, and 1 for Webster.
Mitoma and Gilmour deserve a mention. As do Fati and Pedro.
Adingra looked so much better on the right than the left (although that might have been because we were playing well then)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Funny how we see different things (from where we sit?). Agree with all that except I thought Veltman looked frustrated and struggled a bit. His tackling seemed rash and his fouls were much more “obvious” that usual. A bit rusty perhaps.
As delightful as Veltman winning free kicks in the second half was, he was rightly not awarded free kicks in the first half for falling over. He was done by Kluivert many times then, and his passing wasn't up to scratch in the first half either. He was, however, great in the second half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I also think it was Dunk but only just ahead of Webster. We all know Webster is not flavour of the month/year at the mo, and that everyone loves Veltman, but Veltman had a really poor first half (he was brilliant and hilarious in the second), whereas Webster got just about everything right -- yet 13 vote for Veltman, and 1 for Webster.
Mitoma and Gilmour deserve a mention. As do Fati and Pedro.
Adingra looked so much better on the right than the left (although that might have been because we were playing well then)
Agreed, Webster was very good.

Just one single error in the game - which unfortunately saw Dunk get booked, covering for him. Welcome comeback though - at his best he is still a level above JPVH for me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Gilmour had to do all the midfield work by himself , closely followed by Mitoma and Dunk , the latter showed why he is Brighton's best ever player absolutely streets ahead of our other CBs....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A lot of understandable excitement about a Baleba/Gilmour central midfield on here since Baleba’s exciting cameo. But assuming we do start playing them there soon, where does that leave Gross? I mean, he obviously will play somewhere but where?! Are we shoehorning him into right back again as I’m not a fan of that?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
A lot of understandable excitement about a Baleba/Gilmour central midfield on here since Baleba’s exciting cameo. But assuming we do start playing them there soon, where does that leave Gross? I mean, he obviously will play somewhere but where?! Are we shoehorning him into right back again as I’m not a fan of that?

I wonder if Pascal will play a bit more forward? He’s decent there and would give us even more protection there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here