Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Both Teams To Score Bets?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With so many goals in matches now, at the start of this season I looked at BTTS odds to see if you could get any profit out of backing both teams to score in each EPL round this season. One look at the odds told me you couldn't.

However, given our start to the season one of my bets earlier this season was both teams to score in Brighton v West Ham. It turns out that minor financial gain doesn't make up for the pain of us conceding a goal and that's the last time I've done a bet of any kind on BHA this season.

But if that original bet I looked into had been to back every Brighton PL game instead of every game in every round I'd now be sitting on a pretty few pounds.

Has anyone on here backed us regularly in the BTTS market and done nicely out of it? Given most of our games resemble basketball matches the odds are becoming stupidly short. Paddy Power currently have both teams to score = yes at 1/2 on Wednesday!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can anyone watching yesterday's International feed clarify the first half stat, I just missed.
Something along the lines of:-

'Brighton are the first team since Team X in Year X to score and concede first half goals, in X consecutive games'.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can anyone watching yesterday's International feed clarify the first half stat, I just missed.
Something along the lines of:-

'Brighton are the first team since Team X in Year X to score and concede first half goals, in X consecutive games'.
After Forest, Brighton were the first side to both score and concede in 17 consecutive top-flight games since Manchester United in 1959-60 (also 17 in a row).

I think it's much further back now.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No but we have scored in our last 42 PL games and conceded in our last 18... so that is a run of 18 games you would have won. Last game to not conceded on PL was arsenal in our 3-0 win last season.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, I think it was 1930 something.
That's why I'm asking.

It's so rare for a football statistic to be pre 1992, I missed all the actual details.
I couldn't even bring myself to write 'I think it was 1930's' above, as it's seemed so outlandish.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's why I'm asking.

It's so rare for a football statistic to be pre 1992, I missed all the actual details.
I couldn't even bring myself to write 'I think it was 1930's' above, as it's seemed so outlandish.

1930s is nearly a century ago!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently, our run of 14 games in which we have both scored and conceded is the longest in Premier League history.

The last time ir happened in the top-flight was Wolves in the 1934-35 season.

The all-time record is held by Arsenal - 30 games in the 1930-31 season. That'll take some getting!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently, our run of 14 games in which we have both scored and conceded is the longest in Premier League history.

The last time ir happened in the top-flight was Wolves in the 1934-35 season.

The all-time record is held by Arsenal - 30 games in the 1930-31 season. That'll take some getting!
Our current run is actually 18 games, taking in the final 4 matches of last season.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't have stats on BTTS but do on over 2.5 goals. We are 0.21 points up at home and 1.72 points up away (not including Chelsea) so far this season. If you had bet on the draw on each home game, you would be a very healthy 7.2 points up, a ROI of 102%.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I could never have a BTTS bet involving Brighton:eek:
How would you feel, We're 2 minutes away from the title, leading 1-0 and palace have to score so your tuppence ha'penny bet comes in:glare:
However you spin it, NEVER!

It could happen, never thought we'd play in Europe:shrug:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good OP.

I was looking for that on Betfair yesterday for us, they have so many options, I couldn’t see anything labelled at that bet.

Death, taxes and Albion concede.
On the Exchange? It's here:

btts.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here