Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boozers for Arsenal away

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Go to Haringay Green Lanes, I used to live there, couple of decent boozers and the best Cypriot/Turkish/Greek food in the country.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Go to Haringay Green Lanes, I used to live there, couple of decent boozers and the best Cypriot/Turkish/Greek food in the country.

That's a bit of a schlep to the Emirates; it must be 2 miles from mid Green Lanes. Has it improved down there? I lived off Green Lanes for several years until returning to Brighton in 1994 and although The Salisbury was an amazing Victorian building it and it's clientele were very run down. I saw a wild-west style brawl once in The Suffolk Punch (bog standard Wetherspoons which I think has closed now) amongst a tribe of travellers. And the cafes were mainly cypriot gambling dens and I'm told many were fronts for drug dealing. Places change though...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
http://www.theswimmer.co.uk/

Fantastic pub with a 10 minute walk from the ground, dick head free, great bear and food. you really cant go wrong.

DROUGHT BEER

Beavertown Neck oil Session IPA
Five Points Pale Ale
Bruges Zot Belgium blonde
Paulaner German Weiss beer
Meantime Yakima Red
Portobello London Pilsner
Frontier fillers craft lager
Litovel Czech premium lager
Hackney Lager

:ffsparr:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
DROUGHT BEER

Beavertown Neck oil Session IPA
Five Points Pale Ale
Bruges Zot Belgium blonde
Paulaner German Weiss beer
Meantime Yakima Red
Portobello London Pilsner
Frontier fillers craft lager
Litovel Czech premium lager
Hackney Lager

:ffsparr:

Yes, yes, but what about the bear?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The end of last season we went in the Drayton Park, not the most spectacular boozer but reasonable prices, a superb hot dog stand outside and very close to the ground.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you get off at Highbury & Islington then the House of Hammerton or Hen & Chicken Theatre bar ok

I used to drink in Big Red further down Holloway Road occasionally and that was good for food and a great juke box

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
If your going via Finsbury Park, Stroud Green Road has fantastic places to eat and the Worlds End or The Old Dairy are good. Faltering Fullback well worth a visit and very close to Finsbury Park station. Twelve Pins and The Blackstock and all pubs on Blackstock Road very much home pubs and best avoided.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's a bit of a schlep to the Emirates; it must be 2 miles from mid Green Lanes. Has it improved down there? I lived off Green Lanes for several years until returning to Brighton in 1994 and although The Salisbury was an amazing Victorian building it and it's clientele were very run down. I saw a wild-west style brawl once in The Suffolk Punch (bog standard Wetherspoons which I think has closed now) amongst a tribe of travellers. And the cafes were mainly cypriot gambling dens and I'm told many were fronts for drug dealing. Places change though...

I lived there as well - Pubs aint that great around there though : The Alwyne Castle near the Emirates is a good pub as it has a good outside seating area, which I suppose is no good at this time of year

https://www.thealwynecastleislington.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Haven't lived there since 2008, but found the Emporium, Salisbury and Garden fine, as well as the restaurants, I wasn't involved in their skulduggery. As for distance to the Emirates, no distance at all.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Haven't lived there since 2008, but found the Emporium, Salisbury and Garden fine, as well as the restaurants, I wasn't involved in their skulduggery. As for distance to the Emirates, no distance at all.

I lived opposite The Salisbury and didn't much like it. Really expensive as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here