Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Blatant SJW, PCP, Woke, Leftist militant, Snowflake, blah blah... Btw, I don’t think you are any of those,just putting boot on other foot in an effort to make you see that name calling immediately stifles debate and a huge part of racist issue in this country starts with this very accusation of anyone holding a different view.

It's not name calling. It's calling it out. Very different things. Racism is still going on in this day and age because it's allowed to hide.

Sorry there's no justification for booing someone taking the knee. Though feel free to furnish me with one

Oh and call me what you like

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blatant SJW, PCP, Woke, Leftist militant, Snowflake, blah blah... Btw, I don’t think you are any of those,just putting boot on other foot in an effort to make you see that name calling immediately stifles debate and a huge part of racist issue in this country starts with this very accusation of anyone holding a different view.

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] has already nailed it, two posts before you. What possible justification is there to boo someone protesting, other than to undermine and intimidate the protest?

I call racism.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I did not start this thread, to start a debate on the clubs support of the NHS workers or the Black Lives Matter campaign.

The club is inclusive and I fully support them on these campaigns and others. The Black Lives Matter logo was displayed on the grounds big screens as well.

For the people against the clubs campaigns their is now a bear pit forum where you can now vent against the club and its actions.

If MODS want to take this thread down, please do. It was not for the Bear Pit so please do not put it there.

I have got what I required in that me and people around me heard it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I feel that this BLM stuff is actually having an opposite effect. Dare i say some people are getting sick of hearing about it and it's maybe making people become racist.

I think it's just outing those who already were.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I feel that this BLM stuff is actually having an opposite effect. Dare i say some people are getting sick of hearing about it and it's maybe making people become racist.

I'd say that in all probability those people were racists already.

I do get the point that whilst this is an incredibly important issue there are other important issues. Someone could make a strong case that before every game we should be highlighting that the planet may not be habitable in 100 years or that british bombs have killed thousands in Yemen. There are dozens and dozens of incredibly worthwhile causes I could mention so why focus on this one?

In my mind, it's because young black men, who maybe don't feel like they have the standpoint or level of representation to highlight this issue in other fields and sectors feel empowered in a football stadium. I think that given all that they have gifted to the game of football, we owe it to black footballers to let them make their point.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

I think it’s making people think about race more and that’s not progress in my opinion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I did not start this thread, to start a debate on the clubs support of the NHS workers or the Black Lives Matter campaign.

The club is inclusive and I fully support them on these campaigns and others. The Black Lives Matter logo was displayed on the grounds big screens as well.

For the people against the clubs campaigns their is now a bear pit forum where you can now vent against the club and its actions.

If MODS want to take this thread down, please do. It was not for the Bear Pit so please do not put it there.

I have got what I required in that me and people around me heard it.

I think this started with a specific incident. However, it's headed to familiar territory.

There's already a BLM thread in the Pit that was ruined by two posters. I'm going to lock this before the same happens. If another mod disagrees they're free to open it back up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here