Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On a more negative note, Stephens tired? He didn't make the starting 11 in the last 2 league games......mentally tired maybe? Of all our players, he's the one worrying me the most at the moment, especially given the enormous contribution he is perceived by many to make to a game (when he makes an enormous contribution to a game; I confess I struggle to remember when that last was - back in November?).

He was playing well enough until his suspension. Did okay at Tottenham, but yes not in a great vein of form currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would love us to be safe prior to April, so the likes of Gaeten, Murray and any others get the chance to play and receive a proper send off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would love us to be safe prior to April, so the likes of Gaeten, Murray and any others get the chance to play and receive a proper send off.

Isn’t our final game against Burnley? Hardly a good game to play Bong in, for obvious reasons.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Very well summarised. However, to progress we will have to say farewell soon with a pat on the back for his efforts.

Of course, along with a number of others. Nothing wrong with that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Argus today linking the booing of Bong and mental health awareness. Was he really roundly booed as he left the pitch on Saturday? I didn’t notice it.

Are people wrong to protest against the behaviour of individuals, eg Trump, for fear of damaging their mental health?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus today linking the booing of Bong and mental health awareness. Was he really roundly booed as he left the pitch on Saturday? I didn’t notice it.

Are people wrong to protest against the behaviour of individuals, eg Trump, for fear of damaging their mental health?
I didn't hear it either. Perhaps a muttered comment - "about time" or similar, but nothing that could possibly be heard by the player from near where I was.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I was in East Lower, on the south side of the centre line, and could hear a fair number of boos around me - twunts.

Bong was right underneath me for much of the first half and I thought he actually played fairly well, considering, but didn't get much service from the central midfield. He was constantly looking to make runs and had a fairly good time against their right back, but didn't actually see that much of the ball (admittedly when he did it didn't always end too well...)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I too was in ESL for this game only, south end, and I heard cheers and laughter, but no boos.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was sat right next to Bong and heard no booing... he was pissed off but prob cos we were losing & he was poor...

I bet the same guys slagging off Bong will no doubt be slagging off Murray if he stays and doesn't score another goal before the season ends

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I sat behind dug out and didnt hear anything. I dont blame Bong and Balagon for there performances.but the manager. Balagon is a good central defender and played most of game out of position at left back. As for Bong he has proved he is OK full back but a left winger he is not. And as for Shelotto running around all over field like a headless chicken. I felt even more cheesed off after watching Arsenal Leeds game and saw how much it meant to both managers

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

There is also the fans mental health to be taken into consideration too. For many the football is the one time of the week to escape and the performances set the tone for the week ahead.

When we lose we want to feel that we were unlucky to have lost, not feel deserving of defeat.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I sat behind dug out and didnt hear anything. I dont blame Bong and Balagon for there performances.but the manager. Balagon is a good central defender and played most of game out of position at left back. As for Bong he has proved he is OK full back but a left winger he is not. And as for Shelotto running around all over field like a headless chicken. I felt even more cheesed off after watching Arsenal Leeds game and saw how much it meant to both managers

Wasn't he the right-sided center back? From my view he was more covering Schelotto who forgot where he put his defensive duties for the time he was on the field.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If the criteria for the worst ever Albion player, is the player up against the abilities of the other 10 on the pitch, is Bong giving Ashley Neal a run for his money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here