Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] BOE: The UK is like a coiled spring.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Are you

• Better off

Votes: 66 49.6%
  • Worse off

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 39 29.3%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Broadly fine sounds a little bit like you're devasted.

This was exactly what I was saying regarding death rates in the UK and accused of whataboutery.

All the countries have different setups, but you can't deny Boris and Matty boy have played a blinder sticking it all together.

I suppose this is why the country is still right behind them, rather than the whataboutery brothers Starmer and Ashworth.

Anyway back on topic.

Britains are ready for take-off.....................................3.........................................2.........................................

Can you point to the opinion poll that says Boris is specifically more popular than Starmer?

Beyond that what you have posted is at best previous and at worst utter nonsense. Until the WORLD is protected life will not return to normal because we are in a global pandemic. Vaccine nationalism needs to give way to vaccine cooperation. Concern about the UK economy needs to be realigned to concern about our economy AND those of our immediate trading partners. That's the only route back to "where we were" in December 2019 when Boris was elected.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can you point to the opinion poll that says Boris is specifically more popular than Starmer?

Beyond that what you have posted is at best previous and at worst utter nonsense. Until the WORLD is protected life will not return to normal because we are in a global pandemic. Vaccine nationalism needs to give way to vaccine cooperation. Concern about the UK economy needs to be realigned to concern about our economy AND those of our immediate trading partners. That's the only route back to "where we were" in December 2019 when Boris was elected.

Starmer should have rolled over Boris and tickled his fancy by now he has been slow to act.
We have discussed this before, the clock is gathering pace and Starmer will by "lynched" in John McDonnell language.

There are very few countries that will be back to "where they were" in Dec 2019, as this will take some time.
But with a bit of Boris positivity spreading through the cabinet, we will be in a far better place than most in years ahead.

I trust you have a pair of Unionjack boxers on today GB?

#Believeinbritain

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Starmer should have rolled over Boris and tickled his fancy by now he has been slow to act.
We have discussed this before, the clock is gathering pace and Starmer will by "lynched" in John McDonnell language.

There are very few countries that will be back to "where they were" in Dec 2019, as this will take some time.
But with a bit of Boris positivity spreading through the cabinet, we will be in a far better place than most in years ahead.

I trust you have a pair of Unionjack boxers on today GB?

#Believeinbritain

That's a "no" to the opinion poll isn't it?

You just needed to Google "Boris Johnson Approval" to see 55% think he's doing badly.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That's a "no" to the opinion poll isn't it?

You just needed to Google "Boris Johnson Approval" to see 55% think he's doing badly.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating

Yet from the same site

b061edc89382444ff366261267467afc.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your poor neglected cat will be furious that you're talking to mouldy again. :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Subtlety different question and not the fact MB claimed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose this is why the country is still right behind them, rather than the whataboutery brothers Starmer and Ashworth.

Really.:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Really.:lolol:

Yes, because the paragraph you failed to repeat that preceded it sets the subject of the next paragraph as just Boris and Hancock. Try and learn English.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So will you admit, that Boris was not right to hold hands with the EU on vaccinations in July?

It pretty compelling, isn't it?

What is compelling is that you are a total spanner.
What actually matters is that Johnson has killed thousands of people through his dithering, long before a vaccine was available and we have one of the worst death rates in the world.
And because he refused to lock down properly the economy is in the worst state in history.
But you 'wont recognise' that will you.
And you still support him.
You are a stupid, needy little cretin who should stick to your mucky posts about nurses fondling the breasts of women who want to breast feed.
It's the only thing you are any good at.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014

Ipsos/mori poll 8th Feb,Starmer behind on all counts.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Subtlety different question and not the fact MB claimed

That may be the case however, It does beg the question, if 55% suggested he’s doing a terrible job yet same polling company showing his party well ahead in voting intentions, Starmer is having a shocker no?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ipsos/mori poll 8th Feb,Starmer behind on all counts.

Thanks for the link and the precise percentages.

That may be the case however, It does beg the question, if 55% suggested he’s doing a terrible job yet same polling company showing his party well ahead in voting intentions, Starmer is having a shocker no?

It shows conflict. I didn't suggest Starmer was ahead. I suggested the data didn't support MB's assertion.

FWIW Johnson isn't going to get it any easier. Steve Baker has turned against him this morning and Laurence Fox's lot will take votes from the Tory right. I'd look at Starmer's position when we come to an election and not less than a year into his term when he's still changing Labour.

But either way, the country is not "right behind" a PM with a 55% negative approval rate. FACT.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Apologies for derailing the political bun-fight for a moment, but to go back to the original point of the thread...

I voted worse off.

Financially I’m probably marginally better off, but emotionally far worse (as my life as a Dubai expat worker with a family in the UK able to zip back and forth every month has been severely curtailed, and I miss my wife and kids massively). And that’s the deciding factor in my verdict.

Ok, back to slinging mud across the political divide everyone...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is compelling is that you are a total spanner.
What actually matters is that Johnson has killed thousands of people through his dithering, long before a vaccine was available and we have one of the worst death rates in the world.
And because he refused to lock down properly the economy is in the worst state in history.
But you 'wont recognise' that will you.
And you still support him.
You are a stupid, needy little cretin who should stick to your mucky posts about nurses fondling the breasts of women who want to breast feed.
It's the only thing you are any good at.
Says it like it is.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here