Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Billy Bingham - RIP

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Billy Bingham, the most successful manager of Northern Ireland's football team, has died at the age of 90.

Renowned as a master tactician, the wily Bingham guided the boys in green to the 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Immediately think of Gerry Armstrong and Billy Hamilton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I remember the 'Who is the Irishman with eleven pricks?' being a popular joke (only among the red side) when he was manager of Everton. Long time ago ..

Decent manager, decent player ........ and a good innings, sir! RIP.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just got back from seeing Stiff little fingers tonight where Jake Burns paid tribute to BB, went over my head at the time and didn’t realise until I read this.
FWIW it was a great tribute, and great gig,.

RIP. BB

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
For the 1982 World Cup they used Sussex University for their pre-tournament training camp and for years they had a Northern Ireland shirt that was presented to say thanks in a glass cabinet in the sports centre. I imagine it’s not there any more but you never know!

Aug 8, 2012
Met him crossing a bridge in Shrewsbury in the late 80's. I asked if he had come to watch Steve Penney. This lead to a really nice chat about all things football. An absolutely lovely bloke!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Billy Bingham, the most successful manager of Northern Ireland's football team, has died at the age of 90.

Renowned as a master tactician, the wily Bingham guided the boys in green to the 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals.

I opened this thread thinking this was about Mark “Billy” Billingham, lazy eye and all that, any RIP Billy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here