Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bill Turnbull RIP

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
RIP. Good man. But can I remind all the men on here not to wait for symptoms to take a PSA test. I was very lucky, My PSA was 4.6 which my doctor told me was no worry not until it got into double figures (I've since had 2 mates saying they had over 4 readings and their doctors have sent them away). She gave me a digital test but the cancer was the other side of my prostate (yes the digit up the bum) which was also clear but the surgery had a 4 or more check it out policy. I had the scan and not only did I have prostate cancer but it had already broken out of my prostate into the surrouding nerves. They took out the prostate and the nerves but I still had a PSA reading so I got 6 weeks of radiotherapy and have been clear since. I want to reiterate do not wait for symptoms, if they offer you a PSA test take it and if it's over 4 question the doctor about not checking

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

A year ago today :(

We loved Bill in our household, met him once at a Beaconsfield book signing. A proper gent in the old fashioned sense and taken far too soon. My dear father in laws anniversary today too, just had his favourite tea (pizza) tonight in his honour and raised a glass in his memory. Here’s to the both of them :drink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We loved Bill in our household, met him once at a Beaconsfield book signing. A proper gent in the old fashioned sense and taken far too soon. My dear father in laws anniversary today too, just had his favourite tea (pizza) tonight in his honour and raised a glass in his memory. Here’s to the both of them :drink:
Bill Turnbull was a true gentleman.
That's a nice thing to do to celebrate yr FIL, keeps the memories at the forefront :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bill Turnbull was a true gentleman.
That's a nice thing to do to celebrate yr FIL, keeps the memories at the forefront :)
Yes, though Pizza isn’t hard. imagine if he’d liked caviar?!! Yuk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here