Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Best way to go about selling old jewellery?

bury at home

Sep 4, 2022
Sadly my wife has inherited a bunch of old jewellery, mostly rings and necklaces. She's keeping a few items, but there is a large amount she would like to sell. We're not sure of the best way to go about it. The obvious worry is not knowing its true value and selling it too cheaply. What's the best way to establish value and then sell at that price? If we take it to a jeweller that deals in that type of stuff I'm worried he'll try and pay us way under the odds for it, as his business model will be to buy as cheap as possible and sell for as high as possible. I've looked at some valuation companies, but when trying them out for things in the past they weren't interested in helping really as I'm such small fry, and my items were probably worth a few hundreds of pounds, if that, and not worth their while - maybe I was just unlucky.

Has anyone done similar and have any advice?

Cheers!
REN antiques is very good
Cash paid and will come directly to you
Email is
Sadly my wife has inherited a bunch of old jewellery, mostly rings and necklaces. She's keeping a few items, but there is a large amount she would like to sell. We're not sure of the best way to go about it. The obvious worry is not knowing its true value and selling it too cheaply. What's the best way to establish value and then sell at that price? If we take it to a jeweller that deals in that type of stuff I'm worried he'll try and pay us way under the odds for it, as his business model will be to buy as cheap as possible and sell for as high as possible. I've looked at some valuation companies, but when trying them out for things in the past they weren't interested in helping really as I'm such small fry, and my items were probably worth a few hundreds of pounds, if that, and not worth their while - maybe I was just unlucky.

Has anyone done similar and have any advice?

Cheers!
Try REN antiques and jewellery
Buys direct and pays decent prices in cash
Tel 07850312136

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here