Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Best of British - The Groups

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to the groups that the Best of British competition will be taking part:

Group A -

Fish and Chips
Talking about the weather
Pubs
Black Cabs

Group B -

The Sunday Roast
HP Sauce
Queuing
Association Football

Group C -

The Beatles
Test Match Cricket
Tea
Paddington

Group D -

The Full English
The NHS
Tutting
Jaffa Cakes

Group E -

Chair Luzzing
Black Pudding
Brexit
Saying “not too bad” when asked how you are.

Good luck to the runners and riders, the competition will start sooner or later 👍

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm loathe to say this, but this competition isn't really a patch on the others that have been run. We're in danger of watering down the really enjoyable ones, IMO.

There's a few things in there that aren't really British, or solely British. Queuing for instance is far more of an artform in Japan than it is here. Talking about the weather is something fairly universal wherever you go. Jaffa Cakes are named after a city in Israel. Chair luzzing again isn't really something I'd associate as being something British exclusively - you'll find it happening in pretty much any street trouble around the world. The first Test Match took place in Australia (albeit with England taking part).

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'm loathe to say this, but this competition isn't really a patch on the others that have been run. We're in danger of watering down the really enjoyable ones, IMO.

There's a few things in there that aren't really British, or solely British. Queuing for instance is far more of an artform in Japan than it is here. Talking about the weather is something fairly universal wherever you go. Jaffa Cakes are named after a city in Israel. Chair luzzing again isn't really something I'd associate as being something British exclusively - you'll find it happening in pretty much any street trouble around the world. The first Test Match took place in Australia (albeit with England taking part).

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today!
The Jaffa Cake place of Origin is the UK!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
@TomandJerry - so we don't cause everyone extreme poll fatigue, perhaps let the USCC24 run it's course before unleashing this competition onto the unspsuecting masses.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Test Match Cricket. A game that you can play for five days and still not get a result at the end of it. Brilliantly British, also it has meal breaks, just the perfect whimsy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here