Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

We'd love you to join our community - hit that "Register" button now!

Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Food] Best Chinese Takeaway in Brighton area?

Machiavelli

Members
Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Went to a place on Preston Street for a more traditional chinese meal for a friends birthday, its got blue frontage that was very nice, had a spinning table, which entertained me to no end. Pretty reasonable for what was a hefty meal.
You might mean Good Friends. Last time I went, which was about a decade ago, it was very good.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Very slight change of subject as it’s a sit down - but has anyone given Ivy Asia a go yet?
Looks ridiculously expensive.

WATFORD zero

Members
Jul 10, 2003
I went last week . Lots of sushi type food . Tastes nice but it’s very expensive. Very nicely done out inside though . Drinks expensive too .
But if it's expensive I'm sure you'll be happy :thumbsup:

Wonderful critique though - Lots of sushi type food because it's all the same isn't it :shrug:

It's almost as if the price is more important than the food, a restaurateurs dream customer :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to a place on Preston Street for a more traditional chinese meal for a friends birthday, its got blue frontage that was very nice, had a spinning table, which entertained me to no end. Pretty reasonable for what was a hefty meal.
I've always tended to avoid Preston "Restaurant" Street when eating out in Brighton, years ago l had a very fodgy meal in a pseudo Greek restaurant there, and an equally disappointing evening in the Aberdeen Angus opposite.

Maybe l simply chose two bad restaurants and that others in the street are good.

Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I've always tended to avoid Preston "Restaurant" Street when eating out in Brighton, years ago l had a very fodgy meal in a pseudo Greek restaurant there, and an equally disappointing evening in the Aberdeen Angus opposite.

Maybe l simply chose two bad restaurants and that others in the street are good.
I probably wouldn't recommend going to a steak restaurant the same evening as a dodgy Greek restaurant.

jackalbion

Members
Aug 30, 2011

There is a superb Japanese restaurant called Bincho Yakatori down there, if you are lucky enough to get a booking. The Pork Belly and Chicken Skin are divine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills