NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seats are melting according to people who are there, which isn't great

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Players look absolutely wasted out there. Fielding is so lethargic. Not surprised.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
SA bowlers must be laughing, been feet up in the a/c dressing room for the past 4 hours whilst England toiled and sweated in the ferocious heat.

Some run chase this will be.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’ve been there this afternoon, but I’ve actually come away as it is that hot. As others have said, there’s virtually zero cover or shade. My iPhone came up with a message before midday that it was too hot to use. Someone had a temperature reading of nearly 49 degrees in the sun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Root and Moeen are going to have to tee off pretty quickly to have any hope now.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’ve been there this afternoon, but I’ve actually come away as it is that hot. As others have said, there’s virtually zero cover or shade. My iPhone came up with a message before midday that it was too hot to use. Someone had a temperature reading of nearly 49 degrees in the sun.

I saw England in an Ashes test in Adelaide in 1998, when we were really s**t. The temperature was above 40c for most of the day and I was sat in the open with no cover other than a hat, pouring with sweat all day. Part way through day 1, John Snow rocked up and had some spare tickets in the shade that he offered. I was about to say thanks very much when he quoted full price for them. Shove that - so in the full sun I stayed all day!

One other great anecdote - I was also at the Brisbane test that year and got chatting to Mickey Stewart, basically the England captain’s Dad, in the hotel (nice hotel, I was working there at the time). At the Adelaide test, my colleagues had gone home so I was on my own. I paid for a meal deal in a marquee and collected it and sat down on my Jack Jones. Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder and it was Mickey Stewart who said ‘do you mind it if I join you? That idiot son of mine, he lost the toss. I told him not to call heads but he ignored me’. And then suddenly the table filled up and I made a few new friends as the guy who knew the England captain’s Dad. They also interviewed me on Channel Ten on Aussie TV! Not bad for a Billy no mates who had just turned up to watch the cricket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here