Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Benn vs Eubank

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gives up his licence instead of trying to clear his name…maybe he was using the dark arts after all. Can’t see Connor Benn ever coming back to professional boxing now with this dark cloud hanging over him.
I bet you any money you like he does come back

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I bet you any money you like he does come back
Of course he’ll come back. I bet he’s not in a good place mentally though. Strangely enough Eubanks stock has risen due to the fact he hasn’t used PEDS ! What a strange sport I love.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
For those saying DAZN is a scam, outside the UK it is an excellent way to enjoy most sport.
For €23 a month I can see;
Every premier league game live (plus highlights about 1 hour after the game)
Moto GP
Formula 1
50% of the Spanish league matches
Darts
Boxing (they rarely offer PPV)
MMA

There are others but I don’t have any interest in them. All in all I’d much rather pay this subscription than most others on offer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For those saying DAZN is a scam, outside the UK it is an excellent way to enjoy most sport.
For €23 a month I can see;
Every premier league game live (plus highlights about 1 hour after the game)
Moto GP
Formula 1
50% of the Spanish league matches
Darts
Boxing (they rarely offer PPV)
MMA

There are others but I don’t have any interest in them. All in all I’d much rather pay this subscription than most others on offer
In context they lost $1.3bn last financial year - so great deal for the customer but expect them to go bust , or the model to change dramatically

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
In context they lost $1.3bn last financial year - so great deal for the customer but expect them to go bust , or the model to change dramatically
The problem for them is that in order to make inroads in to the US and UK markets they need more significant sports other than Boxing. Easy to secure the rights to stream the Premiership or NFL in Japan but a completely different challenge financially to secure them in the countries where they are based (UK and US). A purely boxing streaming service wont work as there isn't enough content to keep people engaged, but a sports streaming service might be viable, its just a hugely competitive market which needs big pockets! In the UK they had a potential deal to take over BT sport which could have been a game changer but when this fell through it left them out in the cold again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem for them is that in order to make inroads in to the US and UK markets they need more significant sports other than Boxing. Easy to secure the rights to stream the Premiership or NFL in Japan but a completely different challenge financially to secure them in the countries where they are based (UK and US). A purely boxing streaming service wont work as there isn't enough content to keep people engaged, but a sports streaming service might be viable, its just a hugely competitive market which needs big pockets! In the UK they had a potential deal to take over BT sport which could have been a game changer but when this fell through it left them out in the cold again.
What you say makes sense. But I don’t really understand the financial when it comes to streaming models. For example Spotify made huge losses for
What you say makes sense. But I don’t really understand the financials when it comes to streaming models. For example Spotify still makes huge losses…this past quarter they lost another 200m US dollars. If they can continue why can’t DAZN? And how do they continue? Is it all based on potential?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
What you say makes sense. But I don’t really understand the financial when it comes to streaming models. For example Spotify made huge losses for

What you say makes sense. But I don’t really understand the financials when it comes to streaming models. For example Spotify still makes huge losses…this past quarter they lost another 200m US dollars. If they can continue why can’t DAZN? And how do they continue? Is it all based on potential?
In DAZN's case its growth is funded by the big pockets of one individual - Len Blavatnik.

The management of these types of digital services continue to prioritise long-term investments and growth over generating a profit. There has to be a long term plan which investors are buying into and I suppose with emerging technologies like streaming services there is plenty of scope for them to continue to grow. The hope must be that they will eventually completely take over from the more traditional ways of consuming content (i.e. traditional TV and Radio) in all parts of the world.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A mate txt me a couple of weeks ago after going to the Benn and Eubank tour in Maidstone.

Said Eubank was completely losing his mind live on stage. I haven't had a chance to catch up with him and get details but it doesn't sound good for him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It is clear, even as a layman, that he is experiencing a manic episode in that interview. It was a very uncomfortable few minutes, which is all I could manage. The interviewer also seemed like a prick.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really sad watching that, it’s by far the worst I’ve seen him.

I hope other media outlets don’t take advantage and offer interviews off the back of this, for clicks and views.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Really sad watching that, it’s by far the worst I’ve seen him.

I hope other media outlets don’t take advantage and offer interviews off the back of this, for clicks and views.
Yeah good point. He’s a tabloid journalists dream at the moment. I’m hoping times have changed though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here