Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Benfica & Sporting

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With the possibility of both Benfica & Sporting getting through to the round of 16 and their grounds being within walking distance of each other, who will get priority of the home game first?
As it stands both will be unseeded and will have to play the first game at home but obviously that wont happen.
Could we be told to 'swop' our home / away games around should we get either team?
Asking as return flights are £35 and don't want to buy 5 minutes after the draw only to find I'm in the wrong town.
As a side, flights to Hamburg (for Donetsk) are £19.99 each way for March at the moment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
valid fear about the swapping of home and away dates.

Could f k loads up

Deffo need to know which teams drawn = game swap.................. as need to get the flights booked straight away before they sky rocket

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think this theory has been debunked many times on here already. They won't switch home and away legs because they deliberately gave the seeded times the advantage of home 2nd. If they have to make a change they could change the day not the venue.
So one of the games will be played on the Friday. They'll not move it to Wednesday as that's CL night.
If you get the time you can book accommodation in all the possible cities through Booking.com with free cancellation .
( Took me about 2 hours 😜)
Next of my list of things to do

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think this theory has been debunked many times on here already. They won't switch home and away legs because they deliberately gave the seeded times the advantage of home 2nd. If they have to make a change they could change the day not the venue.
Respect for bothering! Not sure I would have! We have earnt second leg at home and absurd to even think that could be changed. Some conspiracy theorists have far too much time on their hands!🤣

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
With the possibility of both Benfica & Sporting getting through to the round of 16 and their grounds being within walking distance of each other, who will get priority of the home game first?
As it stands both will be unseeded and will have to play the first game at home but obviously that wont happen.
Could we be told to 'swop' our home / away games around should we get either team?
Asking as return flights are £35 and don't want to buy 5 minutes after the draw only to find I'm in the wrong town.
As a side, flights to Hamburg (for Donetsk) are £19.99 each way for March at the moment.
It won’t happen- EUFA is good at fixing things

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Lisbon is a fantastic city with excellent surf, food and wine. Enjoy yourselves. Sporting and Benfica hate each other. Sporting is regarded as the more middle class club, Benfica the more working class - a bit like Real / Atletico Madrid (although I'm not sure there's the same Fascist connotations from the Salazar regime). A very good Albion friend of mine used to live near the Benfica training ground sarf of the river and they've an excellent youth / academy set up that's fed the Portuguese and English leagues for years.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Lisbon is a fantastic city with excellent surf, food and wine. Enjoy yourselves. Sporting and Benfica hate each other. Sporting is regarded as the more middle class club, Benfica the more working class - a bit like Real / Atletico Madrid (although I'm not sure there's the same Fascist connotations from the Salazar regime). A very good Albion friend of mine used to live near the Benfica training ground sarf of the river and they've an excellent youth / academy set up that's fed the Portuguese and English leagues for years.
Eric Dier came out of the Sporting academy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here