Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben Brereton Díaz

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Being talked about as the next big thing ( BBC final score) . The more he is noticed, a bigger club will want him .

It was to late for that end of last season. We should have signed him when he scored 3 goals in a season for Forest to have really gone under the radar

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Were we linked with him at all at any stage?

Left Blackburn on a free for Villarreal, has absolutely nothing to show in the goals and assists columns since, and has just been loaned back to Sheffield United.

The good news for him is he has two games against Brighton & Hove Albion to help him find his scoring boots again!

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He’s a prime example of the ever widening gap between the Premier League and the Championship. When we were promoted the level of the top 6 in the Championship and the bottom 6/8 in the Premier League wasn’t too dissimilar. The gap in the level is massive now imo, as demonstrated by the 3 newly promoted sides so far this season. We got promoted at a very good time.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Were we linked with at all at any stage?

Left Blackburn on a free for Villarreal, has absolutely nothing to show in the goals and assists columns since, and has just been loaned back to Sheffield United.

The good news for him is he has two games against Brighton & Hove Albion to help him find his scoring boots again!

There was a lot of noise around us being interested in him at various stages of his Blackburn career. I think it was mainly paper talk, rather than any specific links on social media from journalists usually in the know.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There was a lot of noise around us being interested in him at various stages of his Blackburn career. I think it was mainly paper talk, rather than any specific links on social media from journalists usually in the know.
Didn't Blackburn also have half an eye on keeping JPVH - so speculations about swap deals?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
He’s a prime example of the ever widening gap between the Premier League and the Championship. When we were promoted the level of the top 6 in the Championship and the bottom 6/8 in the Premier League wasn’t too dissimilar. The gap in the level is massive now imo, as demonstrated by the 3 newly promoted sides so far this season. We got promoted at a very good time.
You say that but last season three existing Premier league teams got relegated. One of which won the league recently! I just think 3 really poor teams got promoted this season.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We must have been watching a different league, it seemed huge to me. I was shocked at the size of the gap and only goes to show what a great job CH did.

Reactions: cjd

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
How is he still only 24?! I don’t know why I assumed he’d be about 27/28 by now, it feels like ages since he was being linked with everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here