Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellamy to Cardiff...

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Will enjoy giving him some banter when they come down to us

He's one of those players who absolutely feeds off that - seems to play better the more opposing fans get on his back. Certainly was the case at the Amex last September.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The fans will start to forget about the red shirts now they have signed him. £30k a week in the Championship though - eek

Just goes to show no one really knows how much players get paid. I read somewhere today he was taking a £30k a week pay cut to be on £60k a week.

Either way it's a shit ton of money to be playing second division football.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just goes to show no one really knows how much players get paid. I read somewhere today he was taking a £30k a week pay cut to be on £60k a week.

Either way it's a shit ton of money to be playing second division football.

I think it's that he turned down a possible £60k a week deal at QPR to sign for Cardiff on £30k

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Probably wanted another two year contract what with his Sierra Leone charity. Know someone acquainted with him and he wants to play as long as possible to keep supporting it. Much maligned individual, some of which he brings upon himself (Riise and golf club) but very committed and apparently a decent chap. Bloody hates Alan Shearer...

Not all bad then... :)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Bellamy: "I wanted wake up every day with my kids in the same house as me. There's more to life than football."

Say what you like about the bloke but he's got his head screwed on right (in most respects) and does a lot for charity too.

But like others said, he spent a year on loan there the season before last and what happened? Not a lot.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Genuinely is part of the switch from Blue to Red.

Malaysian owner promised to put money into the club if they switched colours. Due to colour change he is hoping to market them in Malaysia and some other parts of Asia.

Sold their soul for Craig Bellamy.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I like Craig Bellamy.

If had managed to stay at one (of his many) clubs for long enough they would probably have built a statue and named a road after him.

Plus attacking Riise with a golf club over a KAROKE incident... That's just brilliant.

"The dispute involving Bellamy and Riise seemingly started with a karaoke competition in the early hours of Friday morning, when Bellamy took offence at the Norwegian left-back's refusal to sing.

Increasingly irritated by the Welshman's jibes, Riise reportedly became incandescent and, surrounded by fellow players, the pair squared up to each other, trading expletives. Although things calmed down as the group dispersed and headed for their rooms, Bellamy apparently felt he had lost face in front of his team-mates and, having armed himself with a golf club, tracked down Riise before allegedly swinging it at his legs.

Benítez, who had spent the earlier part of the evening at the nearby resort of Vilamoura, was contacted and he separated the clearly inebriated pair.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quality player, top catch for Cardiff and definitely one of the best signings outside the Prem. I actually find it quite funny the way he whines at anything that moves. Passionate guy regarding footy. Good luck to him and Cardiff, so long as it isn't at our expense.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Genuinely is part of the switch from Blue to Red.

Malaysian owner promised to put money into the club if they switched colours. Due to colour change he is hoping to market them in Malaysia and some other parts of Asia.

Sold their soul for Craig Bellamy.

Still Red is a Welsh colour?? nope i'm with you-soul sold

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't like the guy - for a start he is Welsh and he has always been a bit of an arse in my view - but you have to feel for the guy

Bellamy struggling without Speed - Footymad

That said, people so under-rate mental health issues and for a celebrity to be publicly suffering as he clearly is may do a small amount of good in the long term

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here