Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham's group sold final piece of land to build new MLS stadium in Miami

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yikes. Overtown was a very bad area when I lived in Miami. The old arena where the Heat played was there and they had to have lines of police shepherding people from the metrorail station.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Not interested in him in the slightest .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Always thought this was a bit odd. He seems to spend more time prancing around in gym gear in Los Angeles than Miami.

Perhaps he'll show a bit more interest now and his PR can be cranked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Miami isn't a sports city. Teams across major sports get terrible crowds. So he'll have his work cut out.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Miami isn't a sports city. Teams across major sports get terrible crowds. So he'll have his work cut out.

if I was to start a football club in the US i would pick a town full of latin americans that doesnt have a side.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
if I was to start a football club in the US i would pick a town full of latin americans that doesnt have a side.

They don't have a side because they didn't go to watch Miami Fusion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will this help with his knighthood?

I really struggle to warm to the Beckham/Posh Spice Circus, but he seems to be like a footballing Midas, so good luck to him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If anyone could make a success of a Miami football club it would be Beckham.

The key thing is the quality of the football and despite the Chinese Super League I still think the MLS will be an attractive proposition for the likes of Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard who have already made their big bucks and fancy dropping down a level without the grind of the Championship.

Assimilating to American life is easy for any footballer - the same can't be said for China - and I fancy a Miami franchise run by Beckham would represent an attractive destination for many British players looking to see out the final 2 years of their career and then move on to a coaching role. Good luck to him, I say.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Assimilating to American life is easy for any footballer - the same can't be said for China - and I fancy a Miami franchise run by Beckham would represent an attractive destination for many British players looking to see out the final 2 years of their career and then move on to a coaching role. Good luck to him, I say.

Exactly this.

A very smart move by Beckham due to the aforementioned huge Latino population, warm location, close to Europe and with about 16 million tourists visiting Miami each year, many football fans might be tempted to take in a game if the stadium is close to the city and cheapish ticket prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here