Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC2 now - doc on parole hearing (Whitehawk murder in 1997)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I knew him very well. His mum used to ask me to take him fishing to "keep him out of trouble" and I did so many times.
We were together at St Luke's. I think he may have dropped a year. I thought he came from the Hanover area at the time. An old mate of mine was in his next class and said he once jumped on the teacher's back and started clouting her. There was some sort of destiny there. Sad really, and ultimately tragic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I knew Leigh Shaw, not closely, but he came along to East Brighton Park to watch his mates play for my team, Brighton Rangers. He was a really nice bloke and it was a tragedy when he was murdered. I can't remember much detail but evidently, when he was asked which football team he supported, he answered West Ham. Stacey had put a pool ball in a sock and battered Leigh numerous times over the head. If Leigh had said Brighton, he might not have become a victim.
How fuxxing stupid is that.
Very silly. The way it was described last night was it was originally an argument over football with a Man Utd fan and LS stepped in type thing and it escalated from there. Didn’t know anything of this story.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Great watch.

I work in the Criminal Justice System myself and feel I have a good knowledge of the area I work in, but I don't get involved in parole or offender management so it was an eye opener for me.

I feel they made the correct decision in both cases. The fraudster was clearly trying to control the hearing by asking to give an opening speech, and his body language and facial expression when his offender manager stated her feelings that he shouldn't be released, showed his character and displeasure at not being in control.

I was surprised that at the end of his hearing the two board members didn't agree and it was the psychologist that thought he could be managed in the community because he had never made a threat or been violent. You'd think that as a psychologist, she would understand more than most, the psychological and mental damage that his crime has done and would continue to do when he inevitably re-offends.

It seems he has very recently been released back into the community, so lock up your mother's folks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was surprised that at the end of his hearing the two board members didn't agree and it was the psychologist that thought he could be managed in the community because he had never made a threat or been violent. You'd think that as a psychologist, she would understand more than most, the psychological and mental damage that his crime has done and would continue to do when he inevitably re-offends.

It seems he has very recently been released back into the community, so lock up your mother's folks.
In fairness she changed her mind, after reading extra case notes about how cohesive he was with his victims.
I kind of thought she should have maybe read them before the meeting, but I am not an expert, and maybe you read more after the initial meeting to clarify certain aspects about the hearing.
Total bullshite from him, in the cell before he went for the hearing, I swear he said he flew to Turkey & onto Russia, then went on to state all the countries he went through to get to Russia and it took a month, no explanation how he funded all this, considering he was not working.

I said to the Mrs Freakout I actually think he is more of a risk, now he is older and his potential victims are going to be without being unkind older and more vulnerable.

Anyway, I look forward to the rest of the series, I just hope they are more evenly spread out round the country, not just Sussex :oops:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Great watch - thanks. I felt they got both decisions right from what we saw.
Just seen it and agree.

I think the murderer has matured but I wouldn't trust the fraudster as far as I could throw him (unless it was off a bridge or something).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there another tonight?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have page number ?
Build a Bonfire - photos are just after page 96 on pages not numbered. The fourth photo taken at the Bournemouth away protest he’s at the front wearing a Sandtex / Admiral training top….very clear photo of him.

Fifth photo taken at Goldstone, this was the York City pitch invasion / match abandoned, he’s in the middle of the photo near the front.

More Than 90 Minutes - page 59, Goldstone pitch again after the York game, near middle/ front of photo, just behind lad in striped t shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here